- Agarwal S., Phuoc T.X., Soong Y., Martello D., Gupta R.K. (2013) Nanoparticle-stabilised invert emulsion drilling fluids for deep-hole drilling of oil and gas, Can. J. Chem. Eng. 91, 1641–1649. [CrossRef]
- Amanullah M., Al-Tahini A.M. (2009) Nano-technology-its significance in smart fluid development for oil and gas field application, SPE Saudi Arabia Section Technical Symposium, 9-11 May, AlKhobar, Saudi Arabia, SPE-126102-MS.
- Anderson W. (1986) Wettability literature survey-part 2: Wettability measurement, J. Pet. Technol. 38, 11, 1246–1262, SPE-13933-PA. [CrossRef]
- Aveyard R., Binks B.P., Clint J.H. (2003) Emulsions stabilised solely by colloidal particles, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 100, 503–546. [CrossRef]
- Binks B.P., Lumsdon S.O. (2000a) Influence of particle wettability on the type and stability of surfactant-free emulsions, Langmuir 16, 23, 8622–8631. [CrossRef]
- Binks B.P., Lumsdon S.O. (2000b) Catastrophic phase inversion of water-in-oil emulsions stabilized by hydrophobic silica, Langmuir 16, 6, 2539–2547. [CrossRef]
- Binks B.P., Whitby C.P. (2005) Nanoparticle silica-stabilised oil-in-water emulsions: Improving emulsion stability, Colloids Surf. A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 253, 1, 105–115. [CrossRef]
- Binks B.P., Duncumb B., Murakami R. (2007) Effect of pH and salt concentration on the phase inversion of particle-stabilized foams, Langmuir 23, 18, 9143–9146. [CrossRef]
- Caenn R., Darley H.C., Gray G.R. (2011) Composition and Properties of Drilling and Completion Fluids, 6th edn., Gulf Professional Publishing, Waltham, MA, USA.
- Davison J.M., Clary S., Saasen A., Allouche M., Bodin D., Nguyen V.A. (1999) Rheology of various drilling fluid systems under deepwater drilling conditions and the importance of accurate predictions of downhole fluid hydraulics. SPE Annual Technical Conference, 3-6 October, Houston, Texas, SPE-56632-MS, pp. 489–501.
- Garcia C., Parigot P. (1968) Boues de forage, Technip edition, Paris.
- Hoelscher K.P., De Stefano G., Riley M., Young S. (2012) Application of nanotechnology in drilling fluids. Presented at SPE International Oilfield Nanotechnology Conference and Exhibition, 12-14 June, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, SPE-157031-MS.
- Jung Y., Barry M., Lee J.K., Tran P., Soong Y., Martello D., Chyu M. (2011) Effect of nanoparticle-additives on the rheological properties of clay-based fluids at high temperature and high pressure. AADE National Technical Conference and Exhibition, 12-14 April, Houston, Texas.
- Kong X., Ohadi M. (2010, January) Applications of micro and nano technologies in the oil and gas industry-overview of the recent progress. Abu Dhabi international petroleum exhibition and conference. Society of Petroleum Engineers, Abu Dhabi, UAE, SPE 138241.
- Kwok D.Y., Neumann A.W. (1999) Contact angle measurement and contact angle interpretation, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 81, 3, 167–249. [CrossRef]
- Mostafavi V., Ferdous M.Z., Hareland G., Husein M. (2011) Design and application of novel nano drilling fluids to mitigate circulation loss problems during oil well drilling operations. Nanotech Conference and Expo, 13, 13-16 June, Boston, p. 15.
- Nabhani N., Emami M. (2012) The potential impact of nanomaterials in oil drilling industry, Nanocon, International Conference on Nanomaterials – Research Application, 23-25 October, Brno, Czech Republic.
- Ramsden W. (1903) Separation of solids in the surface-layers of solutions and “suspensions” (observations on surface-membranes, bubbles, emulsions, and mechanical coagulation) – Preliminary account, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London 72, 156–164. [CrossRef]
- Rogers W.F. (1948) Composition and Properties of Oil Well Drilling Fluids, 1st edn., Gulf Professional Publishing, Houston, Texas.
- Sharma T., Kumar G.S., Chon B.H., Sangwai J.S. (2015) Thermal stability of oil-in-water Pickering emulsion in the presence of nanoparticle, surfactant, and polymer, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 22, 324–334. [CrossRef]
- EIA. Trends in U.S. Oil and Natural Gas Upstream Costs. www.eia.gov, US Energy Information Administration, Report March 2016.
- Wagle V., Al-Yami A.S., AlAbdullatif Z. (2015) Using nanoparticles to formulate sag-resistant invert emulsion drilling fluids, SPE/IADC-173004-MS, London, UK.
- Zhang T., Davidson D., Davidson D., Bryant S.L., Huh C. (2010) Nanoparticle-stabilized emulsions for applications in enhanced oil recovery. Improved Oil Recovery Symposium. Society of Petroleum Engineers, 24-28 April, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA, SPE-129885-MS.
Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles
Volume 72, Number 4, July–August 2017
|Number of page(s)||13|
|Published online||06 September 2017|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.