- Dean R.H., Schmidt J.H. (2009) Hydraulic-Fracture Predictions with a Fully Coupled Geomechanical Reservoir Simulator, SPE Journal 707–714. [CrossRef]
- Chen H.Y., Teufel L.W., Lee R.L. (1995) Coupled Fluid Flow and Geomechanics in Reservoir Study – I. Theory and Governing Equations, SPE Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition, Dallas, Texas, Oct.
- Morales F., Showalter R.E. (2010) The narrow fracture approximation by channeled flow, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 365, 1, 320–331. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Morales F., Showalter R.E. (2012) Interface approximation of Darcy flow in a narrow channel, Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences 35, 2, 182–195. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Alboin C., Jaffré J., Roberts J.E., Serres C. (2002) Modeling fractures as interfaces for flow and transpot in porous media, Chen Z., Ewing R.E. (eds), Fluid flow and transport in porous media: mathematical and numerical treatment, Contemporary Mathematics 295, 13–24, American Mathematical Society. [CrossRef]
- Martin V., Jaffré J., Roberts J.E. (2005) Modeling Fractures and Barriers as Interfaces for Flow in Porous Media, SIAM J. Sci. Comput. 26, 5, 1667–1691. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Biot M.A. (1941) General Theory of Three-Dimensional Consolidation, J. Appl. Phys. 12, 155–164. [CrossRef]
- Coussy O. (1995) Mechanics of Porous Continua, Wiley, New York.
- Kim J., Tchelepi H.A., Juanes R. (2011) Stability, Accuracy, and Efficiency of Sequential Methods for Coupled Flow and Geomechanics, SPE Journal 249–262, June. [CrossRef]
- Mainguy M., Longuemare P. (2002) Coupling Fluid Flow and Rock Mechanics: Formulation of the Partial Coupling between Reservoir and Geomechanical Simulators, Oil & Gas Science and Technology 57, 4, 355–367. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [OGST]
- Pan F. (2009) Development and Application of a Coupled Geomechanics Model for a Parallel Compositional Reservoir Simulator, PhD Thesis, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas.
- Settari A., Walters D.A. (1999) Advances in Coupled Geomechanics and Reservoir Modeling with Applications to Reservoir Compaction, SPE Reservoir Simulation Symposium, Houston, Texas, Feb.
- Mikelić A., Wheeler M.F. (2013) Convergence of iterative coupling for coupled flow and geomechanics, Computational Geosciences 17, 3, 455–461. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Ingram R., Wheeler M.F., Yotov I. (2010) A multipoint flux mixed finite element method on hexahedra, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 48, 1281–1312. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- Wheeler M.F., Yotov I. (2006) A multipoint flux mixed finite element method, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 44, 2082–2106. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- Wheeler M.F., Xue G., Yotov I. (2011) Accurate Cell-Centered Discretizations for Modeling Multiphase Flow in Porous Media on General Hexahedral and Simplicial Grids, SPE Reservoir Simulation Symposium, The Woodlands, Texas, Feb.
- Wheeler M.F., Xue G., Yotov I. (2012) Coupling multipoint flux mixed finite element methods with continuous Galerkin methods for poroelasticity, Submitted, Aug.
- Phillips P.J., Wheeler M.F. (2007) A Coupling of Mixed and Continuous Galerkin Finite Elements Methods for Poroelasticity I: The Continuous in Time Case, Computational Geosciences 11, 131–144. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Rungamornrat J., Wheeler M.F., Mear M.E. (2005) Coupling of Fracture/Non-Newtonian Flow for Simulating Nonplanar Evolution of Hydraulic Fractures, SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Society of Petroleum Engineers, Dallas, Texas, 9-12 Oct., SPE Paper 96968.
- Ciarlet P.G. (1991) Basic error estimates for elliptic problems - Finite Element Methods, Part 1, Ciarlet P.G., Lions J.L. (eds), Handbook of Numerical Analysis. North-Holland, Amsterdam.
- Girault V., Raviart P.A. (1986) Finite element methods for Navier-Stokes equations: Theory and algorithms, Springer Series in Computational Mathematics, 5, Springer-Verlag, Berlin. [CrossRef]
- Brezzi F., Fortin M. (1991) Mixed and hybrid finite element methods, Springer-Verlag, New York. [CrossRef]
- Brezzi F., Douglas J. Jr, Marini L.D. (1985) Two families of mixed elements for second order elliptic problems, Numer. Math. 88, 217–235. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Brezzi F., Douglas J. Jr, Durán R., Fortin M. (1987) Mixed finite elements for second order elliptic problems in three variables, Numer. Math. 51, 237–250. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Mikelić A., Bin Wang, Wheeler M.F. (2012) Numerical convergence study of iterative coupling for coupled flow and geomechanics, ECMOR XIII - 13th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery, Biarritz, France, Sept.
- Liu R. (2004) Discontinuous Galerkin for Mechanics, PhD Thesis, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas.
- Berndt M., Lipnikov K., Shashkov M., Wheeler M.F., Yotov I. (2005) Superconvergence of the velocity in mimetic finite difference methods on quadrilaterals, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis 43, 4, 1728–1749. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles
Volume 69, Number 4, July-August 2014
Dossier: Geosciences Numerical Methods
|Page(s)||515 - 528|
|Published online||23 December 2013|
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.