- Blanchet, D., Audibert, A. and Argillier, J.F. (1998) Anaerobic biodegradability of oil base fluid for invert emulsion drilling fluids. Paper IADC/SPE 39386, presented at 1998 IADC/SPE Drilling Conference, Dallas, Texas, 3-6 march.
- Bouchez, M.,Blanchet, D.,Besnainou, B.,Leveau, J.Y. and Vandecasteele, J.P. (1997) Kinetic studies of biodegradation of insoluble compounds by continuous determination of oxygen consumption. J. Appl. Bacteriol., 82, 310-316. [CrossRef]
- British Petroleum (2000) Deep-Sea Biodiversity and Oil and Gas Exploration and Production, BP Green Operations Initiative, September.
- Candler, J.E., Hoskin, S., Churan, S., Cui Wei Lai, M. and Freeman, M. (1995) Seafloor monitoring for synthetic-based mud discharged in the western gulf of Mexico. SPE 29694, Proceedings of the SPE/EPA Exploration and Production Environmental Conference, Houston, Tx, 27-29 March.
- Daan, R. and Mulder, M. (1996) On the short-term and long-term impact of drilling activities in the Dutch sector of the North Sea. ICES Journal of Marine Science, 53, 1036-1044. [CrossRef]
- Daan, R., Booij, K., Mulder M. and van Weerlee, EM. (1996) Environmental effects of a discharge of drill cuttings contaminated with ester-based drilling muds in the North Sea. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 15, 10, 1709-1722.
- Davies, J., Bedborough, D., Blackman, R.A.A., Addy, J., Appelbee, J., Grogan, W., Parker, J.G. and Whithehead, A. (1988) The Environmental Effects of Oil Based Mud Drilling in the North Sea, prepared by the UKOOA/Government Working Group Set Up to Establish and Monitor the Environmental Impacts of Offshore Oil Development in the UK.
- Davies, J., Bedborough, D., Blackman, R.A.A., Addy, J., Appelbee, J., Grogan, W., Parker J.G. and Whithehead, A. (1989) The Environmental Effects of Oil Based Mud Drilling in the North Sea. Drilling Wastes, FR. Engelhardt, JP. Ray and AH. Gillam Eds, Elsevier Applied Science, London.
- Doherty, F.G. (2001) A review of Microtox registered toxicity test system for assessing the toxicity of sediments and soils. Water Quality Research Journal of Canada, 36, 3, 475-518.
- E&P Forum (1996) E&P Forum Joint Study - The physical and biological effects of processed oily drill cuttings. E&P Forum Report No. 2.61/202, April.
- Fechelm, R.G., Gallaway, B.J. and Farmer, J.M. (1999) Deepwater sampling at a synthetic drilling mud discharge site on the outer continental shelf, Northern Gulf of Mexico. SPE Paper 52744, presented at 1999 SPE/EPA, Austin, Tx, Feb. 28-March 3.
- His, E.,Beiras, R. and Seaman, M.N.L. (1999) The assessment of marine pollution - Bioassays with bivalve embryos and larvae. Advances in Marine Biology, 37, 1-178. [CrossRef]
- Jensen, T., Palerud, R., Olsgard, F. and Bakke, S.M. (1999) Dispersion and effects of synthetic drilling fluids in the environment. Technical Report No. 99-3507 to the Ministry of Oil and Energy.
- Kingston, P.F. (1992) Impact of offshore oil production installations on the benthos of the North Sea. ICES J. Mar. Sci., 49, 45-53. [CrossRef]
- Lees, D.C. and Houghton, J.P., (1980) Effects of drilling fluids on benthic communities at the lower Cook Inlet COST Well. Proceedings of Research on Environmental Fate and Effects of drilling Fluids and Cuttings, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, January, 21-24 1980, II, 309-350.
- Munro, P.D., Moffat, C.F., Couper, L., Brown, N.A., Croce, B. and Stagg, R.M. (1997) Degradation of synthetic mud base fluids in a solid phase test system. Fisheries Research Services Report No. 1/97, Scottish Office Agriculture, Environment and Fisheries Department, Marine Laboratory, Aberdeen, January.
- Neff, J.M., McKelvie, S. and Ayers, R.C. Jr. (2000) Environmental Impacts of Synthetic Based Drilling Fluids, Report prepared for MMS by R. Ayers and Associates, Inc., August 2000, US Department of Interior, Minerals management Service, Gulf of Mexico, OCS Region, New Orleans, OCS Study MMS 2000-064.
- (http://www.gomr.mms.gov./homepg/regulate/environ/00-0064.pdf) OGP (2003), Environmental aspects of the use and disposal of non aqueous drilling fluids associated with offshore oil and gas operations. Report No. 342, May.
- Oliver, G.A. and Fisher, S.J. (1999) The persistence and effects of non-water based drilling fluids on Australias Northwest shelf: progress findings from three seabed surveys. APPEA Journal, 647-662.
- Olsgard, F. and Gray, J.S. (1995) A comprehensive analysis of the effects of offshore oil and gas exploration and production on the benthic communities of the Norwegian continental shelf. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 122, 277-306. [CrossRef]
- OSPAR (1995a) Part A: A sediment bioassay using an amphipod Corophium sp. In: PARCOM Protocols on Methods for the Testing of Chemicals Used in the Offshore Industry.
- OSPAR (1995b) Part B: Protocol for a fish acute toxicity test. In: PARCOM Protocols on Methods for the Testing of Chemicals Used in the Offshore Industry.
- OSPAR (2000) Decision 2000/2 on a Harmonized Mandatory Control System for the Use and Discharge of Offshore Chemicals.
- Pawliszyn, J. (1997) Solid Phase Microextraction - Theory and Practice, Wiley-VCH, New York.
- Smith, J.P., Ayers, R.C Jr. and Tait, R.D. (1997) Perspectives from research on the environmental effects of ocean discharges of drilling muds and cuttings. Third International Conference on the Development of the Russian Arctic Offshore, St Petersburg, Russia, 23-26 september.
- Stronkhorst, J., Schipper, C., Brils, J., Dubbeldam, M., Postma, J., van de Hoeven N. (2003) Using marine bioassays to clarify the toxicity of Dutch harbor sediments. Environ. Toxicol. Chem., 22, 7, 1535-1547. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Terrens, G.W., Gwyther, D., Keough, M.J., Tait, R.D., (1998), Environmental assessment of synthetic based drilling mud discharges to the Bass Strait Australia. Proceedings of SPE International Conference on Health, Safety and Environment in Oil and Gas Exploration and Production, No. 46622, Caracas, Venezuela, 7-10 June.
- UKOOA (2001) Drill Cuttings Initiative Final Report, December. USEPA (2001) Effluents Limitations Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Oil and Gas Extraction Point Source Category; OMB Approval under the Paperwork Reduction Act: Technical Amendment, 66 Federal Register 14, January.
- Word, J.Q. (1990) The infaunal trophic index, a functional approach to benthic community analyses. PhD Thesis, University of Washington.
Oil & Gas Science and Technology - Rev. IFP
Volume 59, Number 6, November-December 2004Dossier: Which Fuels for Low-CO2 Engines?
|Page(s)||625 - 647|
|Published online||01 December 2006|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.