- Lanier, D. (1998) Heavy oil - a major energy source for the 21st century. 7th Unitar Heavy Crude & Tar Sands Int. no. 1998.039 Conf, Beijing, China.
- Gerez, J.M. (1996) Heavy oil transportation by pipeline. International pipeline conference, 2, ASME.
- Guevara, E., Gonzalez, J. and Nuñez, G. (1998) Highly viscous oil transportation methods in the Venezuela oil industry. Proceedings of the 15th World Petroleum Congress, John Wiley and Sons, London, 495-501.
- Meyer, R.F. (1998) World heavy crude oil resources. Proceedings of the 15th World Petroleum Congress, John Wiley and Sons, London, 459-471.
- Nunez, G.A., Rivas, H.J. and Joseph, D. (1998) Drive to produce heavy crude prompts variety of transportation methods. Oil & Gas journal, Oct. 26, 59-67.
- Yaghi, B. and Al-Bemani, A. (2002) Heavy crude oil viscosity reduction for pipeline transportation. Energy sources, 24, 93-102. [CrossRef]
- Evdokimov, I.N.,Eliseev, D.Yu., and Eliseev, N.Yu. (2002) Negative viscosity anomaly in liquid petroleum after heat treatment. Chemistry and Technology of fuels and oils, 38, 3, 171-177. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Charlos, J.C., Courdec, J.L. and Page, J.F. (1988) Heavy oil processing, a synthesis of the ASVAHL results, in: E.C. 3rd European community symposium on new technologies for the exploration and exploitation of oil and gaz resources, Proceeding, March 22-24, 2, E. Millich et al. eds, Luxembourg.
- Crandall, G. and Wise, T. (1984) Availability of diluent may inhibit heavy oil exports. Canadian Petroleum, July-August.
- Rimmer, D.,Gregoli, A.,Hamshar, J. and Yildivim, E. (1992) Pipeline emulsion transportation for heavy oils, in: Emulsions in the Petroleum Industry, American Chemical Society, 8, 295-312.
- Layrisse, R. (1998) Viscous hydrocarbon-in-water emulsions. US Patent 4,795, 478.
- Joseph, D.,Bai, R.,Chen, K.P. and Renardy, R., (1997) Core annular flows. Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, 29, 65-90. [CrossRef]
- Joseph, D. and Renardy, Y. (1993) Fundamentals of Two Fluid Dynamics, Springer Verlag, New York.
- Oliemans, R. and Ooms, G. (1986) Core annular flow of oil and water through a pipeline, in: Multiphase Science and Technology, Hewitt, G.F., Delhaye J.M. and Zuber, N. editors, 2, Hemisphere Publishing Corp., Washington.
- Acevedo, S., Ranaudo, M.A,Pereira, J.C.,Castillo, J.,Fernández, A.,Pérez, P. and Caetano, M., (1999) Thermooptical studies of asphaltene solutions: evidence for solvent–solute aggregate formation. Fuel, 78, 9, 997-1003. [CrossRef]
- Reerink, H. and Lijzenga, J. (1973) Journal of the Institute of Petroleum, 59, 569, 211-222.
- Sheu, E.Y., Storm, D.A. and de Tar, M.M. and (1991) Asphaltenes in polar solvents. Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 131-133, 341-347.
- Yudin, I.K., Nikolaenko, G.L., Gorodetskii, E.E., Kosov, V.I, Melikyan, V.R, Markhashov, E.L,Frot, D. and Briolant, Y. (1998) Mechanisms of asphaltene aggregation in toluene–heptane mixtures. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 20, 3-4, 297-301. [CrossRef]
- Hénaut, I., Barré, L., Argillier, J.F., Brucy F. and Bouchard R. (2001) Rheological and structural properties of heavy crude oils in relation with their asphaltenes content. Oilfield Chemistry, International Symposium of the Society of Petroleum Engineers, SPE 65020, Houston, Feb. 13-16.
- Shook, C.A. and Roco, M.C. (1991) Slurry Flow, Principles and Practice, Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Wasp, E.J., Kenney, J.P. and Gandhi, R.L. (1979) Solidliquid flow slurry pipeline transportation, Trans. Tech. Publications, Clausthal, Germany.
Oil & Gas Science and Technology - Rev. IFP
Volume 59, Number 5, September-October 2004
Dossier: Pipeline Transportation of Heavy Oils
|Page(s)||455 - 466|
|Published online||01 December 2006|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.