- Joosten, M.W. (1985) New Study Shows How to Predict Accumulated Drillpipe Fatigue. Word Oil, October.
- Dale, B.A. (1988) An Experimental Investigation of Fatigue- Crack Growth in Drillstring Tubulars. SPE Drilling Engineering, 356-362, December.
- (1992) Ten Ways to Reduce Drilling Costs. Petroleum Engineer International, September.
- Hill, T.H. (1992) A Unified Approach to Drillstem Failure Prevention. SPE Drilling Engineering, December.
- Pitts, J.P. Trip Inspection, Testing Gain Favor as Insurance. Drill Bit, 303, 885.
- Lieurade, H.P. (1982) La pratique des essais de fatigue. Commission Fatigue des m賡ux de la SFM, Pyc Edition, Paris, France.
- Lubinski, A. (1961) Maximum Permissible Doglegs in Rotary Boreholes. Journal of Petroleum Technology, February.
- Hansford, J.E. and Lubinski, A. (1966) Cumulative Fatigue Damage of Drillpipe in Doglegs. Journal of Petroleum Technology, March.
- API (1998) Recommended Practice for Drillstem Design and Operating Limits. API-RP-7G, 16th ed., August.
- Wu, J. (1997) Model Predicts Drillpipe Fatigue in Horizontal Wells. Maurer Engineering Inc., Oil and Gas Journal, February 3.
- Shepard, J.S. (1992) Extended Drillpipe Life with Tighter Specifications. Global Marine Drilling Co., IADC/SPE 23843, February.
- Wu, J. (1996) Drill-Pipe Bending and Fatigue in Rotary Drilling of Horizontal Wells. Maurer Engineering Inc., SPE 37353, October.
- Paslay, P.R. and Cernocky, E.P. (1991) Bending Stress Magnification in Constant Curvature Doglegs with Impact on Drillstring and Casing. SPE 22547, October.
- Howard, J.A. (1993) Systematic Tracking of Fatigue and Crack Growth to Optimize Drillstring Reliability. Enertech Engineering and Research Co., SPE/IADC 25775, February.
- Smith, J.E. (1992) Drillpipe for Horizontal Drilling. SPE 23990, March.
- Hill, T.H. (1995) Designing and Qualifying Drillstrings for Extended Reach Drilling. SPE/IADC 29349, Drilling Conference, Amsterdam, February 28-March 2.
- Dawson, R. and Paslay, P.R. (1984) Drillpipe Buckling in Inclined Holes. Journal of Petroleum Technology, October.
- He, X. and Kylingstad, A. (1993) Helical Buckling and Lock-up Conditions for Coiled Tubing in Curved Wells. SPE Asia-Pacific Oil and Gas Conference, SPE 25370, February.
- Baryshnikov, A. (1997) Downhole Tool Serviceability Under Dynamic Loads. Drilling Conference SPE/IADC 37647, Amsterdam, March 4-6.
- Rahman, M.K. (1999) Stress Concentration Incorporated Fatigue Analysis of Die-Marked Drillpipe. International Journal of Fatigue, Elsevier, 21, 799-811, January.
- Grondin, G.Y. (1994) Fatigue Testing of Drillpipe. SPE Drilling and Completion, June.
- Tafreshi, A. and Dover, W.D. (1993) Stress Analysis of Drillstring Threaded Connections Using the Finite Element Method. International Journal Fatigue, 15, 5, 429-438, September. [CrossRef]
- Zeren, F. (1986) Fatigue Limits Analyzed for Drillpipe in a Dogleg. Oil and Gas Journal, September, 22.
- Ertas, A. (1989) The Effect of Tool-Joint Stiffness on Drillpipe Fatigue in Riser Ball Joints. Journal of Engineering for Industry, 111, November.
- Ertas, A. (1992) A Comparison of Fracture Mechanics and S-N Curve Approaches in Designing Drillpipe. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Artic Engineering, 114, August.
- Placido, J.C.R. (1994) Drillpipe Fatigue Life Prediction Model Based on Critical Plane Approaches. OTC 7569, Houston, Texas, May 2-5.
- Chen, W.C. (1990) Drillstring Fatigue Performance. SPE Drilling Engineering, June.
- Ertas, A. A Comparison of Fracture Mechanics and S-N Curve Approaches in Designing Drillpipe. Mechanical Engineering Department, Texas Tech. University, Lubbock, Texas.
- Kral, E. (1984) Fracture Mechanics Concept Offers Model to Help Calculate Fatigue Life in Drillpipe. Technology, Oil and Gas Journal, August, 13.
- Lemaître, J. and Chaboche, J.L. (1996) Mécanique des matériaux solides. 2nd ed., Dunod, Paris, France.
- Hill, T.H. (1985) Qualifying Drillstring Components for Deep Drilling. Journal of Petroleum Technology, August, 1511-1522.
- Hill, T.H. (1998) Standard DS-1, Drillstem Design and Inspection. T.H. Hill Associates Inc., DEA Project 74, 2nd ed., March.
- Horbeek, J.H. (1995) Successful Reduction of North Sea Drillstring Failures. Offshore Europe SPE 30348, Aberdeen, September, 5-8.
- Sweet, R.G. (1989) Case History of Drillstem Failures Offshore West Africa. Drilling Conference SPE/IADC 18653, New Orleans, February 28-March 3.
- Kahil, J. (1989) New Technology for the Inspection of Used Tubing and Drillpipe. Eighth International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Artic Engineering, 327-332, The Hague, March 19-23.
- API (1999) API Specification 5D, Drillpipe, 4th ed., August.
- API (1997) Recommended Practice for Field Inspection of New Casing, Tubing and Plain End Drillpipe. API-RP-5A5, 6th ed., December.
- Wade Edens, C. () Recent Innovation in Flux Leakage Drillpipe Inspection Technology: Quality Control Enhanced. Oilfield Equipment Marketing Inc., South Texas Chapter ASNT, 515, 860.
- Shaffer, E.A. (1992) Drillstring Problems Related to Internal Upset-Run-Cut Area of Drillpipe. Tuboscope Inc., Drilling Conference, New Orleans, February 18-21.
- Armstrong, G.M. (1985) Sensitivity and Application of the Normal Beam Ultrasonic Technique for Detection of Fatigue Cracks in Rotary Shouldered Connections. SPE/IADC 13430, March.
- Chapman, P.W. (1986) Ultrasonics Finds Drillpipe Cracks. Drilco, Petroleum Engineer International, March.
- Stanley, R.K. and Wells, L. (1994) Recent Advances in Used Drillpipe Inspection by Ultrasonic Methods. Material Evaluation, 1282-1285, November.
- Ananto, D. (1996) Determining Drillpipe Wear Inside Casing Using Ultrasonic Measurements. Twenty-fifth Silver Anniversary Convention, Indonesian Petroleum Association, Proceedings, October, 411-423.
- Walaszek, H. (1998) Le contrôle ultrasonore possible aujourd’hui sans couplant ? Présentation de quelques résultats obtenus au CETIM. CETIM, Service CND, Senlis, France, May.
- Dale, B.A. (1988) Inspection Interval Guidelines to Reduce Drillstring Failures. Exxon, Drilling Conference SPE/IADC 17207, Dallas, Texas, February 28-March 2.
- (1982) Drillpipe Inspection Technique. The Oilman, November, 33.
- Ligrone, A. (1995) Reliability Methods Applied to Drilling Operations. Agip SpA, Drilling Conference, Amsterdam, February 28-March 2.
- Yoder, D.L. (1991) An Integrated Approach to Enhancing the Mechanical Life of Drillpipe in Extended Reach Wells. OTC 6712, Houston, Texas, May 6-9.
- Gensmer, R.P. (1988) Field Correlation Between Internal Taper Length and Tube Failures in 4.5-in. 16.60E, IEU Drillpipe. Noble Drilling Corp., Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 17205, Dallas, Texas, February 28-March 2.
- Gonzalez-Rodriguez, J.G. (1992) Corrosion Fatigue of AISI 4145 Steel in Drilling Mud. NACE Annual Conference and Corrosion Show, 151.
- Seshadri, P.V. (1992) Drillstring Failure Database: What Do We Learn? API/IADC, Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 23842, New Orleans, February 18-21.
- Brennan, F.P. (1995) Fatigue of Drillstring Connections. Transaction of the ASME, 117, May.
- Hatcher, P.R. and Szklarz, K.E. (1992) Near-Threshold Fatigue Crack Propagation Behavior of a Low Alloy Steel in Pressurized Dilute Brine Solution. NACE Annual Conference and Corrosion Show, 150.
- Grondin, G.Y. and Kulak, G.L. (1989) Fatigue of Drillpipe. CADE/CAODC Spring Drilling Conference, 89-47, April.
- Baryshnikov, A. (1997) Downhole Tool Full-Scale Fatigue Test: Experience and Practice Recommendations. ASME, 8th Annual International Energy Week Conference and Exhibition, Houston, Texas, January 28-30.
- Trishman, L.E. (1952) Methods for the improvement of Drill Collar Joints Evaluated by Full-size Fatigue Tests. Spring Meeting of the Southwestern District, Division of Production, Shreveport, March.
- Gaynor, T.M. (1996) Reduction in Fatigue Failures through Crack Detection by Alternating Current Field Measurement. Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 35033, March.
- Azar, J.J. (1979) How O2, CO2 and Chlorides Affect Drillpipe Fatigue. Petroleum Engineer International, March.
- Jiashen, Z. and Jingmao, Z. (1993) Increasing the Fatigue Life of 40-Cr Steel in Drilling Muds with Corrosion Inhibitors. NACE Corrosion, 49, 3, March.
- Karim Khani, M. (1996) Corrosion Fatigue in Nitrocarburized Quenched and Tempered Steels. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, 27A, May.
- Hendrickson, J.R. and Holland, M.R. (1984) Drillpipe Failures in Hydrogen Sulfide. Drilling Technology Conference Transactions, 358, 516, March.
- Wilson, G.E. (1996) A New Drillpipe Design Virtually Eliminates Failures That Result from Slip Damage. Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 35036, New Orleans, March 12-15.
- Wilson, G.E. (1998) How to Reduce Drillstring Fatigue Failures in a Corrosive Environment. Drilling 98, World Oil, October.
- API (1997) Standard Procedure for Field Testing Water- Based Drilling Fluids. API-RP-13B-1, 2nd ed., September.
- API (1998) Standard Procedure for Field Testing Oil-Based Drilling Fluids. API-RP-13B-2, 3rd ed., February.
- Tsukano, Y. (1988) Appropriate Design of Drillpipe Internal Uset Geometry Focusing on Fatigue Property. Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 17206, Dallas, Texas, February 28- March 2.
- Winship, T.E. (1995) Making Drillpipe Upsets which Increase Fatigue Life. Spring Drilling Conference CADE/CAODC, 95-1009, Calgary, April.
- Wilson, G.E. (1994) What difference Does Internal Taper Length Make on Drillpipe Fatigue Life? Drilling and Completion, SPE 23841, March.
- Wilson, G.E. (1993) A New Tool-Joint Design Increases the Fatigue Life of Drillpipe Tubes. Drilling Conference SPE/IADC 25772, Amsterdam, February 23-25.
- Tsukano, Y. (1990) Improvement of Drill Collar Fatigue Property by Last Engaged Thread Height Reduction of Pin. Drilling Engineering, SPE 18704, December.
- Weiner, P.D. (1972) A Means of Increasing Drill Collar Connection Life. Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Engineering for Industry, ASME 72-Pet-65.
- Knight, M.J. (1999) Fatigue Life Improvement of Drill Collars Through Control of Bore Eccentricity. Engineering Failure Analysis, 6, 301-319. [CrossRef]
- Armstrong, G.M. (1987) Failure Prevention by Selection and Analysis of Drillstem Connections. Drilling Conference SPE/IADC 16075, New Orleans, March 15-18.
- Kirk, W.L. (1972) Deep Drilling Practices in Mississippi. Journal of Petroleum Technology, June.
- Schock, W.H. (1986) One Piece, Forged, Heavy Wall Drillpipe: Built Stronger for Tougher Drilling. Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 14792, Dallas, February 10-12.
- Gabolde, G. and Nguyen, J.P. (1999) in Drilling Data Handbook, Publications de l’Institut français du pétrole, Éditions Technip, 7th ed., Paris, France.
- Baryshnikov, A. (1994) Optimization of Rotary-Shouldered Connection Reliability and Failure Analysis. Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 27535, Dallas, February 15-18.
- Baryshnikov, A. (1995) Downhole Tools Fatigue Resistance for Different Materials. Drilling Technology, ASME, PD, 65.
- Bailey, E.I. (1998) Calculating Limits for Torsion and Tensile Loads on Drillpipe. Hart's Petroleum Engineer International, February.
- Payne, M.L. (1995) Drillstring Design Options for Extended Reach Drilling Operations. Drilling Technology, ASME, PD, 65.
- API (1992) Recommended Practice for Testing of Thread Compound for Rotary Shouldered Connections. API-RP-7A1, 1st ed., ANSI/API-RP-7A1-1992, November.
- API (1983) Tentative API Bulletin on Rotary Shouldered Connection Thread Compounds. Bulletin API-7A1, 1st ed., February 1980 and Supplement 1, March 1983.
- Baryshnikov, A. (1995) Make-up Torque and Rotary Shouldered Connection Reliability. Drilling Conference SPE/IADC 29352, Amsterdam, February 28-March 2.
- Baryshnikov, A. (1999) Eliminating Twist-Offs as a Cause of Drillstring Failure. OCTG Special Report, Word Oil, July.
- Slack, M.W. (1990) Technique to Assess Directly Make-up Contact Stress Inside Tubular Connections. Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 19924, Houston, Texas, February 27- March 2.
- Tsukano, Y. (1990) Development of Lightweight Steel Drillpipe with 165-ksi Yield Strength. Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 19960, Houston, Texas, February 27-March 2.
- Glagola, M.A. (1986) Aluminium Drillpipe for Directional Drilling. Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 14789, Dallas, Texas, February 10-12.
- Schenato, A., Borriello, G. and Pozzi, V. (1991) Ultra Deep Drilling Problems and Solutions, Agip SpA, Milano, Italy.
- Eaton, L.F. (1993) Tool-Joint Heat Checking While Predrilling for Auger TLP Project. Drilling Conference SPE/IADC 25776, Amsterdam, February 23-25.
- Szklarz, K.E. (1990) Fracture Toughness Criteria for High- Strength Drillpipe. Shell Canada Ltd, Drilling Conference IADC/SPE 19964, Houston, Texas, February 27-March 2.
- Guesnon, J. and Pignard, G. (1992) IFP Field Tests its New Trafor MWD System. Ocean Industry, May, 23-28.
- Mabile, C.,Fay, J.B. and Desloovere, O. (1997) Standard Surface Measurements Sampled at High Acquisition Rate Help in Detecting Drill String Vibrations. Offshore Mediterranean Conf. OMC 97, Ravenna, Italy, March 19-21, 759-769.
Oil & Gas Science and Technology - Rev. IFP
Volume 57, Number 1, January-February 2002
Dossier: Applied Mechanics for the Oil Industry - Part 2
|Page(s)||7 - 37|
|Published online||01 December 2006|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.