- Ahmadi A., Quintard M. (1996) Large-scale properties for two-phase flow in random porous media, Journal of Hydrology 183, 69–99. [CrossRef]
- Alger R.P. (1966) Interpretation of electric logs in fresh water wells in unconsolidated formations, Society of Professional Well Log Analyst 7th Annual Logging Symposium, Houston Texas, 9-11 May.
- Archie G.E. (1942) The electrical resistivity logs as an aid in determining some reservoirs characteristics, Transactions of the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 146, 54–62.
- Archie G.E. (1950) Introduction to petrophysics of reservoir rocks, Bulletin of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists 34, 943–961.
- Azar J.H., Javaherian A., Pishvaie M.R., Nabi-Bidhendi M. (2008) An approach to defining tortuosity and cementation factor in carbonate reservoir rocks, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 60, 125–131. [CrossRef]
- Baker J.A., Healy H.G., Hackett O.M. (1964) Geology and ground-water conditions in the Wilmington-Reading area, Massachusetts, USGS Water-Supply, paper 1694.
- Bayles G.A., Klinzing G.E., Chiang S.-H. (1989) Fractal Mathematics Applied to Flow in Porous Systems, Particle & Particle Systems Characterization 6, 168–175. [CrossRef]
- Berg R.R. (1970) Method for determining permeability from reservoir rock properties, Gulf Coast Association of Geologic Society Transaction, Shreveport 20, 303–317.
- Bernabé Y., Mok U., Evans B. (2003) Permeability-porosity Relationships in Rocks Subjected to Various Evolution Processes, Pure and Applied Geophysics 160, 937–960. [CrossRef]
- Brooks R.H., Corey A.T. (1964) Hydraulic Properties of Porous Media, Colorado State University, Hydrological Papers No. 3.
- Bourbie T., Zinszner B. (1985) Hydraulic and acoustic properties as a function of porosity in Fontainebleau sandstone, Journal of Geophysical Research 90, 11524–11532. [CrossRef]
- Burdine N.T. (1953) Relative permeability calculations from pore size distribution data, Transactions of American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineers 198, 71–77.
- Byrnes A.P., Cluff R.M., Webb J.C. (2009) Analysis of Critical Permeability, Capillary Pressure and Electrical Properties for Mesaverde Tight Gas Sandstones from Western U.S. Basins, Final Scientific/Technical Report DE-FC26-05NT42660 Submitted by University of Kansas Center for Research, Inc. for U.S. Department of Energy.
- Carman P.C. (1937) Fluid flow through granular beds, Transactions of Institute of Chemical Engineering 50, 150–166.
- Carothers J.E. (1968) A statistical study of the formation factor, The Log Analyst 9, 5, 13–20.
- Coates G.R., Dumanoir J.L. (1974) A new approach to improved log derived permeability, The Log Analyst 15, 1, 17–31.
- Croft M.G. (1971) A method of calculating permeability from electric logs, USGS Professional, Paper 750-B, pp. B265–B269.
- De Lima O.A.L., Sharma M.M. (1990) A grain conductivity approach to shaly sandstones, Geophysics 55, 10, 1347–1356. [CrossRef]
- De Lima O.A.L., Clennell M.B., Nery G.G., Niwas S. (2005) Volumetric approach for the resistivity response of freshwater shaly sandstone, Geophysics 70, 1–10. [CrossRef]
- De Witte L. (1950) Relations between resistivities and fluid contents of porous rocks, Oil and Gas Journal 49, 16, 120–132.
- Detmer D.M. (1995) Permeability, porosity, and grain-size distribution of selected Pliocene and Quaternary sediments in the Albuquerque Basin, New Mexico Geology 17, 4, 79–87.
- Díaz-Curiel J. (1995) Interpretación y correlación automáticas de diagrafías geofísicas. Aplicación a la hidrogeología en el Sur de la cuenca del río Duero, PhD Thesis, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Doll H.G. (1949) The SP Log: Theoretical Analysis and Principles of Interpretation, Transactions of the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 179, 146–185.
- Ehrenberg S.N., Eberli G.P., Keramati M., Moallemi A. (2006) Porosity-permeability relationships in interlayered limestone-dolostone reservoirs, American Association of Petroleum Geologists Bulletin 90, 1, 91–114. [CrossRef]
- Ehrlich R., Etris E.L., Brumfield D., Yuan L.P., Crabtreeet S.J. (1991) Petrography and Reservoir Physics III, Physical Models for Permeability and Formation Factor, American Association of Petroleum Geologists Bulletin 75, 10, 1579–1592.
- Frohlich R.K., Fisher J.J., Summerly E. (1996) Electric-hydraulic conductivity correlation in fractured crystalline bedrock: Central Landfill, Rhode Island, USA, Journal of Applied Geophysics 35, 249–259. [CrossRef]
- Glover P.W.J., Zadjali I.I., Frew K.A. (2006) Permeability prediction from MICP and NMR data using an electrokinetic approach, Geophysics 71, 4, F49–F60. [CrossRef]
- Glover P.W.J., Walker E. (2009) Grain-size to effective pore-size transformation derived from electrokinetic theory, Geophysics 74, 1, E17–E29. [CrossRef]
- Heigold P.C., Gilkeson R.H., Cartwright K., Reed P.C. (1979) Aquifer transmissivity from surficial electrical methods, Ground Water 17, 338–345. [CrossRef]
- Herrick D.C., Kennedy W.D. (1995) Formation resistivity factor and permeability relationships in rocks characterized by secondary solution porosity, 36th SPWLA annual logging symposium, transactions, Paris (France), 26-29 June.
- Hill H.J., Milburn J.D. (1956) Effect of clay and water salinity on electrochemical behavior of reservoir rocks, Transactions of the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 207, 65–72.
- Huntley D. (1986) Relations between Permeability and Electrical Resistivity in Granular Aquifers, Ground Water 24, 4, 466–474. [CrossRef]
- Jackson P.D., Taylor D., Stanford P.N. (1978) Resistivity-porosity-particle shape relationships for marine sands, Geophysics 43, 6, 1250–1268. [CrossRef]
- Jin M., Sharma M.M. (1994) Shaly sand formation evaluation using a single membrane potential measurement, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 11, 301–310. [CrossRef]
- Jones P.H., Buford T.B. (1951) Electric logging applied to ground-water exploration, Geophysics 16, 1, 115–139. [CrossRef]
- Jorgensen D.G. (1989) Using Geophysical Logs to Estimate Porosity, Water Resistivity, and Intrinsic Permeability, U.S. Geological Survey Water-Supply, paper 2321.
- Katz A.J., Thompson A.H. (1985) Fractal sandstone pores: implications for conductivity and pore formation, Physical Review Letters 54, 1325–1328. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kelly W.E., Frohlich R.K. (1985) Relations between Aquifer Electrical and Hydraulic Properties, Ground Water 23, 2, 182–189. [CrossRef]
- Khalil M.A., Santos F.A.M. (2009) Influence of Degree of Saturation in the Electric Resistivity - Hydraulic Conductivity Relationship, Surveys in Geophysics 30, 601–615. [CrossRef]
- Kosinski W.K., Kelly E.W. (1981) Geoelectrical sounding for predicting aquifer properties, Ground Water 19, 163–171. [CrossRef]
- Kozeny J. (1927) Uber die kapillare leitung des wassers im boden-aufstieg versickerung und anwendung auf die bewässerung: Sitzungsberichte der Wiener Akademie der Wissenschaften (Abt. IIa), Math.-Naturwiss, 136, 271–306.
- Kwader T. (1985) Estimating Aquifer Permeability from Formation Resistivity Factors, Ground Water 23, 6, 762–766. [CrossRef]
- Lee M.W. (2011) Connectivity Equation and Shaly-Sand Correction for Electrical Resistivity, USGS Scientific Investigations Report 2011-5005, 9 p.
- Mohaghegh S., Balan B., Ameri S. (1995) State-of-the-Art in Permeability Determination from Well Log Data Part II - Verifiable, Accurate Permeability Predictions, the Touch-Stone of All Models, Society of Petroleum Engineers, SPE 30979.
- Morrow N.R., Huppler J.D., Simmons A.B. (1969) Porosity and permeability of unconsolidated upper miocene sands from grain size analysis, Journal of Sedimentary Petrology 39, 312–321.
- Mounce W.D., Rust W.M. (1944) Natural Potentials in Well Logging, Transactions of the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 155, 49–57.
- Nelson P.H. (1994) Permeability-Porosity Relationships in sedimentary rocks, The Log Analyst 35, 38–62.
- Ogbe D., Bassiouni Z. (1978) Estimation of aquifer permeabilities from electric well logs, The Log Analyst 19, 5, 21–27.
- Pape H.G., Clauser C.H., Iffland J. (1999) Permeability prediction based on fractal pore-space geometry, Geophysics 64, 5, 1447–1460. [CrossRef]
- Paterson M.S. (1983) The equivalent channel model for permeability and resistivity in fluid saturated rocks - A reappraisal, Mechanics of Materials 2, 4, 345–352. [CrossRef]
- Patnode W.H., Wyllie M.R.J. (1950) The presence of conductive solids in reservoir rocks as factor in electric log interpretation, Petroleum Transactions of the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 189, 47–52.
- Porter C.R., Carothers J.W. (1970) Formation factor - porosity relationship derived from well log data, Society of Professional Well Log Analys 11th Annual Logging Symposium, Los Angeles, California, 3-6 May.
- Purvance D.T., Andricevic R. (2000) On the electrical-hydraulic conductivity correlation in aquifers, Water Resources Research 36, 2905–2913. [CrossRef]
- Revil A., Cathles L.M. (1999) Permeability of Shaly Sands, Water Resources Research 35, 651–662. [CrossRef]
- Salazar J.M., Wang G.L., Torres-Verdín C., Lee H.J. (2008) Combined simulation and inversion of SP and resistivity logs for the estimation of connate-water resistivity and Archie’s cementation exponent, Geophysics 73, 3, E107–E114. [CrossRef]
- Salem H.S., Chilingarian G.V. (1999) The cementation factor of Archie’s equation for shaly sandstone reservoirs, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 23, 83–93. [CrossRef]
- Sawyer W.K., Pierce C.I., Lowe R.B. (1971) Electrical and hydraulic flow properties of Appalachian petroleum reservoir rocks, 10th Annual Conference Ontario Petroleum Institute Inc., Toronto, Canada, 24-25 Oct.
- Schopper J.R. (1966) A theoretical investigation on the formation factor-permeability-porosity relationship using a network model, 28th meeting of the EAGE, Amsterdam, June. Reprinted in Geophysical Prospecting 14, 3, 301-341.
- Sen P.N., Straley C., Kenyon W.E., Whittingham M.S. (1990) Surface to volume ratio, charge density, nuclear magnetic relaxation and permeability in clay-bearing sandstones, Geophysics 55, 1, 61–69. [CrossRef]
- Schlumberger C., Schlumberger M., Leonardon E.G. (1934) A New Contribution to Subsurface Studies by Means of Electrical Measurements in Drill Knits, Transactions of the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 110, 273–289.
- Slater L. (2007) Near Surface Electrical Characterization of Hydraulic Conductivity; From Petrophysical Properties to Aquifer Geometries - A review, Surveys in Geophysics 28, 169–197. [CrossRef]
- Slichter S.C. (1899) Theoretical investigation of the motion of ground water, USGS 19th Annual Report, part II, pp. 301–380.
- Sundberg K. (1932) Effect of impregnating waters on electrical conductivity of soils and rocks, Transactions of American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 97, 367–391.
- Thompson A.H., Katz A.J., Krohn C.E. (1987) The micro-geometry and transport properties of sedimentary rock, Advances in Physics 36, 625–694. [CrossRef]
- Timur A. (1968) An investigation of permeability, porosity, and residual water saturation relationships for sandstone reservoirs, Society of Professional Well Log Analyst 9th Annual Well Logging Symposium, New Orleans, 23-26 June.
- Turner J.B. (1983) Problematic petrophysical characteristic of the smackover at Bayou Middle Fork field, Clairborne Parish, Louisiana, Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies Transactions 33, 221–230.
- Uren L.C. (1925) Increasing production of petroleum by increasing diameters of wells, Transactions of the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 71, 1276–1300, (New York Meeting, February).
- Urish D.W. (1981) Electrical resistivity - hydraulic conductivity relationships in glacial outwash aquifers, Water Resources Research 17, 5, 1401–1408. [CrossRef]
- van Baaren J.P. (1979) Quick-look permeability estimates using sidewall samples and porosity logs, Transactions on 6th Society of Professional Well Log Analyst Annual European Logging Symposium, London, 26-27 March.
- Viberti D., Verga F. (2011) An Approach for the Reliable Evaluation of the Uncertainties Associated to Petrophysical Properties, Mathematical Geosciences 44, 3, 327–341. [CrossRef]
- Waxman M.H., Smits L.J.M. (1968) Electrical conductivities in oil-bearing shaly sands, Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal 243, 107–122. [CrossRef]
- Winsauer W.O., Shearin H., Masson P., Williams M. (1952) Resistivity of brine-saturated sands in relation to pore geometry, American Association of Petroleum Geologists Bulletin 2, 253–277.
- Winsauer W.O., McCardell W.M. (1953) Ionic double-layer conductivity in reservoir rock, Petroleum Transactions of the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 198, 129–134.
- Wong P.-Z., Koplik J., Tomanic J.P. (1984) Conductivity and permeability of rocks, Physical Review B 30, 11, 6606–6614. [CrossRef]
- Worthington P.F. (1977) Influence of matrix conduction upon hydrogeophysical relationships in arenaceous aquifers, Water Resources Research 13, 87–92. [CrossRef]
- Worthington P.F. (1983) The relationship of electrical resistivity to intergranular permeability in reservoir rocks, 24th Society of Professional Well Log Analyst Annual Logging Symposium, Calgary, 27-30 June.
- Wyllie M.R.J. (1949) A Quantitative Analysis of the Electro Chemical Component of the SP Curve, Journal of Petroleum Technology 1, 1, 17–26. [CrossRef]
- Wyllie M.R.J., Rose W.D. (1950) Some theoretical considerations related to the quantitative evaluation of the physical characteristics of reservoir rock from electrical log data, Transactions of the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 189, 105–118.
- Wyllie M.R.J., Gregory G.R. (1953) Formation factors of unconsolidated porous media: Influence of particle shape and effects of cementation, Petroleum Transactions of American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers 198, 103–110.
Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles
Volume 71, Number 2, March–April 2016
|Number of page(s)||18|
|Published online||19 March 2015|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.