- Advance Resources International (1998) Enhanced Coalbed Methane Recovery with CO2 Sequestration, Report No PH/3/3, IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme.
- Benson, S. et al. (2002) Health, Safety and Environmental Risk Assessment For Geologic Storage of Carbon Dioxide: Lessons Learned From Industrial and Natural Analogues, GHGT-6, Kyoto, Japan.
- Bradshaw, B.E., Simon, G., Bradshaw, J., and Mackie, V. (2001) GEODISC Research: Carbon Dioxide Sequestration Potential of Australia's Coal Basins, Proc. 18th Annual International Pittsburgh Coal Conference, Newcastle, NSW, Australia, December 3-7.
- Busch, A, Gensterblum Y., Siemons, N., Krooss B.M., van Bergen, F., Pagnier, H.J.M. and David, P. (2003) Investigation of Preferential Sorption Behaviour of CO2 and CH4 on Coals by High-Pressure Adsorption/Desorption Experiments with gas Mixtures. Proc. 2003 International CBM Symposium, 5-9 May, Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- Busch, A., Gensterblum Y., and Krooss B.M. (2003) Highpressure Thermodynamic and Kinetic Gas Sorption Experiments with Single- and Mixed Gases on Coal: the RECOPOL Project, presented at the 2nd International Workshop on Research Relevant to CO2 Sequestration in coal Seam, Tokyo, 25 October, 39-55.
- Cairns, G. (2003) Enhanced Coal Bed Methane (CBM) Recovery and CO2 sequestration in an Unmineable Coal Seam, Presented at the 2nd International Forum on Geologic Sequestration of CO2 in Deep, Unminable Coalseams (Coal-Seq II) Washington DC, March 6-7. http://www.coal-seq.com/Forum_II.htm.
- Ceglarska-Stefanska, G. and Zarebsks, K.(2002) The Competitive Sorption of CO2 and CH4 with regard to the release of Methane from Coal, Fuel Processing Technology, 77-78: 423-429.
- Clarkson, C.R., Bustin, R.M. (199) The Effect of Pore Structure and Gas Pressure upon the Transport Properties of Coal: a Laboratory and Modelling Study. 1. Isotherms and Pore Volume Distributions, Fuel, 78, 1333.
- Cui, X., Bustin, R.M. and Dipple, G.(2003) Selective Transport of CO2, CH4, and N2 in Coals: insights from Modelling of Experimental Gas Adsorption Data, Fuel, 83, 293-303.
- Cui, X. (2004) Sequestration by sorption on organic matter, Presented at the third International Forum on Geologic Sequestration of CO2 in Deep, Unminable Coalseams (Coal-Seq III) Baltimore MD, March 25-26. http://www.coal-seq.com/Forum_III.htm.
- Durucan, S, Shi, J.Q. and Syahrial, E. (2003) An Investigation into the Effects of Matrix Swelling on Coal Permeability for ECBM and CO2 Sequestration Assessment, Final report on EPSRC Grant No GR/N24148/01.
- Gan H, Nandi S.P., WalkerJr P.L. (1972) Nature of the Porosity in American Coals, Fuel, 51, 272. [CrossRef]
- Gale, J.(2002) Geological Storage of CO2: What's Known, Where are the Gaps and What more Needs to be Done, presented and published in Proc. 6th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies (GHGT-6), Kyoto, Japan, 2002.
- Grimston, M.C., Karakoussis, V., Fouquest, R., van der Vorst, R., Pearson, P., and Leach, M. (2001) The European and global potential of carbon dioxide sequestration in tackling climate change, Climate Policy 1, 155-171.
- Gunter, W.D., Gentzis, T., Rottenfusser, B.A., and Richardson, R.J.H. (1997) Deep coalbed methane in Alberta, Canada: a fuel source with the potential of zero greenhouse gas emissions, Energy Convers. Mgmt. 38,(Supplement 1, S217-S222.
- Gunter, W.D., Wong, S., Cheel, D.B., Sjostrom, G.(1998) Large carbon dioxide sinks: their role in the mitigation of greenhouse gases from an international, national (Canada) and provincial (Alberta) perspective, Appl. Energy 61, 209-227.
- Gunter, W. (2000) CO2 Sequestration in Deep Unmineable Coal Seams, Proceedings of CAPP/CERI Industry Best Practices Conference, Calgary, Canada, April 18-19.
- Hall, F.E., Chunhe Z., Gasem, K.A.M. and Robinson Jr., R.L. (1994) Adsorption of Pure Methane, Nitrogen, and Carbon Dioxide and their Binary Mixtures on Wet Fruitland Coal, paper SPE 29294 presented at 1994 Eastern Regional Conference & Exhibition, Charleston, WV (8-10 November).
- Harpalani, S. and G. Chen (1995) Estimation of Changes in Fracture Porosity of Coal with Gas Emission, Fuel, 74:1491-1498.
- Hamelinck, C.N., Faaij, A.P., Ruijg, G.J., Jansen, D., Pagnier, H.J.M., van Bergen, F., Wolf, K.-H. A.A., Barzandji, O.H., Bruining, H., and Schreurs, H. (2000) Potential for CO2 Sequestration and Enhanced Coalbed Methane Production in the Netherlands, NOVEM BV (Netherlands Agency for energy and the Environment) http://www.chem.uu.nl/nws/www/publica/e2001-07.pdf.
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (1999) Pure Appl Chem, 66, 1739.
- Klara, S.M., Srivastasa, R.D., and McIlvried, H.G. (2003) Integrated collaborative technology development program for CO2 sequestration in geologic formations – United States Department of Energy R&D, Energy Conversion & Management, 44, (17), 2699-2712.
- Kroose, B.M., van Bergen,Gensterblum Y.,Siemons, N.,Pagnier, H.J.M. and David, P. (2002) High-Pressure Methane and Carbon Dioxide Adsorption on Dry and Moisture-Equilibrated Pennsylvanian Coals, International Journal of Coal Geology, 51, 69-92. [CrossRef]
- Law, D., van der Meer, B.,Mavor, M., and Gunter, B. (2000) Modelling of Carbon Dioxide Sequestration in Coalbeds: A Numerical Challenge, presented and published in Proc. 5th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies (GHGT-5), Cairns, Australia, August 13-16, 2000.
- Law, D.H.-S., van der Meer, L.G.H and Gunter, W.D. (2002a) Numerical Simulator Comparison Study for Enhanced Coalbed Methane Recovery Processes, Part I: Pure Carbon Dioxide Injection, Paper SPE 75669 presented at the SPE Gas Technology Symposium, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, April 30-May 2.
- Law, D.H.-S, L.H.G. van der Meer, and W.D. Gunter (2002) Comparison of numerical simulators for greenhouse gas storage in coalbeds, Part II: Flue gas injection, Paper presented at the Sixth International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Technologies (GHGT-6), Kyoto, Japan, October 1-4, 2002
- Law, D.H.-S, L.H.G. van der Meer, and W.D. Gunter (2003) Comparison of numerical simulators for greenhouse gas storage in coalbeds, Part III: More Complex Problems, Paper presented at the 2nd annual conference on carbon sequestration, Alexandria, VA, May 5-8, 2003.
- Law, D.H.-S (2004) Enhanced Coalbed Methane Recovery & CO2 Sequestration Projects in Canada and China: Single Well Micro- Pilot Tests, presented at the SPE ATW Enhanced CBM Recovery and CO2 Sequestration, Denver, CO, 28-29 October 2004
- Levine, J.R. (1996) Model Study of the Influence of Matrix Shrinkage on Absolute Permeability Coal Bed Reservoirs, Coalbed Methane and Coal Geology, R. Gayer and I. Harris (eds.), Geological Society Special Publication, 109, 197.
- Lewis, C. (2002) CO2 Capture and Geologic Storage, IOGCC and the U.S, Department of Energy (DOE) held a meeting presentations, Alta, Utah.
- Liang, J.-T. (2001) Methodology for conducting probabalistic risk assessment, of CO2 storage in coal beds, CO2 Capture Project (CCP), SMV Workshop, GeoForschungsZentrum, Potsdam, Germany.
- Marsh, H. (1987) Carbon, 25, 49-58. [CrossRef]
- Mavor, M, Gunter, W.D. and Robinson, J.R. (2004) Alberta Multiwell Micro-Pilot Testing for CBM properties, Enhanced Recovery and CO2 Storage Potential, paper SPE 90256 presented at the SPE Annual Conference and exhibition, Houston, Texas, 26-29 September.
- Mavor, M, and Gunter, W.D. (2004) Second Porosity and Permeability of Coal vs. Gas Composition and Pressure, paper SPE 90255 presented at the SPE Annual Conference and exhibition, Houston, Texas, 26-29 September.
- McGovern, M. (2004) Allison Unit CO2 Flood, presented at the SPE ATW Enhanced CBM Recovery and CO2 Sequestration, Denver, CO, 28-29 October 2004
- Melnic, M. (2004) CSEMP Pilot, presented at the SPE ATW Enhanced CBM Recovery and CO2 Sequestration, Denver, CO, 28-29 October 2004
- Nandi SL, Walker Jr PL. (1964), Fuel, 43, 385. Nandi SL, Walker Jr PL. (1970) Activated diffusion of methane in coal, Fuel, 49, 309.
- Nelson ET, Walker Jr PL. (1961) J. Appl. Chem., 11, 358.
- Pagnier, H. and Van Bergen, F. (2002) CO2 Storage in Coal: the RECOPOL Project, presented at the 1st International Forum on Geologic Sequestration in Deep, Unmineable Coal Seams (Coal- Seq I), Houston, TX, March 14-15.
- Pashin, J.C. and McIntyre, M.R. (2003) Temperature-pressure conditions in coalbed methane reservoirs of the Black Warrior basin: implications for carbon sequestration and enhanced coalbed methane recovery, International Journal of Coal Geology, 54:167-183.
- Pearce, J. et al. (1996) Natural occurrences as analogues for the geological disposal of carbon dioxide, Energy Conversion and Management, 37, 1123-1128. [CrossRef]
- Pekot, L.J. and Reeves, S.R. (2003) Modelling the Effects of Matrix Shrinkage and Differential Swelling on Coalbed Methane Recovery and Carbon Sequestration, Paper 0328 presented at 2003 International Coalbed Methane Symposium, Tuscaloosa, Alabama (5-9 May).
- Revees, S. (2002) The Coal-Seq Project: Field studies of ECBM and CO2 sequestration in coal, Coal Seq Forum, March 14-15, Houston, Texas.
- Reeves, S, A. Taillefert, L. Pekot and C. Clarkson. (2003) The Allison Unit CO2 – ECBM Pilot: A Reservoir Modeling Study, Topical Report, U.S. Department of Energy, DE-FC26-0NT40924 (February).
- Reeves, S. (2003) Assessment of CO2 Sequestration and ECBM Potential of U.S. Coalbeds, Topical Report, U.S. Department of Energy, DE-FC26-0NT40924 (February).
- Ruthven D.M. (1984) Principles of Adsorption & Adsorption Processes. New York, John Eiley & Sons.
- Seidle, J.P., D.J. Jeansonne, and D.J.Erickson (1992) Application of matchstick geometry to stress dependent permeability in coals, Paper SPE 24361 presented at the 1992 SPE Rocky Mountain Regional Meeting, Casper, Wyoming (18-21 May).
- Seidle, J.P. and L.G., Huitt (1995) Experimental Measurement of Coal Matrix Shrinkage Due to Gas Desorption and Implications for Cleat Permeability Increases, Paper SPE 30010 presented at 1995 SPE International Meeting on Petroleum Engineering, Beijing, China, 14-17 November.
- Seidle, J.P. (2000) Reservoir Engineering Aspects of CO2 Sequestration in Coals, SPE 59788, presented at the 2000 SPE/CERI Gas Technology Symposium, Calgary, Alberta Canada, 3-5 April 2000.
- Sharkey, A.G., Jr. and McCartney, J.T. (1981) Chemistry of Coal Utilization, Second Supplementary Volume, Elliott, M.A. Ed. John Willey & Sons Inc., 159-283.
- Shi, J.Q., Durucan, s., Sinka, I.C. and Daltaban, T.S. (1997) A Numerical Investigation into the Laboratory and Field Behaviour of cavitated Coalbed Methane Wells, Proc. 1st Southern African Rock Engineering Symposium (SARES'97), Johannesburg, 15-17 September, 131-142.
- Shi, J.Q. and Durucan, S. (2003a) A Bidisperse Pore Diffusion Model for Methane Displacement Desorption in Coal by CO2 Injection, Fuel, 82:1219.
- Shi, J.Q. and S. Durucan (2003b) Modelling of Enhanced Methane Recovery and CO2 Sequestration in Deep Coal Seams: The Impact of Coal Matrix Shrinkage/Swelling on Cleat Permeability, Proc. 2003 Coalbed Methane Symposium, Alabama, May 5-9, Paper no. 0343.
- Shi, J.Q. and Durucan, S. (2004) A Numerical Simulation Study of the Allison Unit CO2-ECBM Pilot: the Impact of Matrix Shrinkage and Swelling on ECBM Production and CO2 Injectivity, In, E.S.Rubin, D.W.Keith and C.F.Gilboy (Eds.), Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies. 1, Peer-Reviewed Papers and Plenary Presentations, IEA Greenhouse Gas Programme, Cheltenham, UK.
- Smith, D.M.,Williams, F.L. (1984) Diffusional Effects in the Recovery of Methane From Coalbeds, SPEJ, 24, 529. [CrossRef]
- Smith, L.K. and Reeves, S.R.(2002) Scoping Equilibrium Geochemical Modeling to Evaluate the Potential for Precipitate Formation when Sequestering CO2 in San Juan Basin Coals, DOE Topical Report (October).
- Stanton, R., Flores, R., Warwick, P.D., Gluskoter, H. and G.D., S. (2001) Coalbed Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide, 1st National Conference on Carbon Sequestration, Washington, USA.
- Stevens, S.H., Spector, D., and Riemer, P.(1998) Enhanced Coalbed Methane Recovery Using CO2 Injection: Worldwide Resource and CO2 Sequestration Potential, SPE 48881, presented at the 1998 SPE International Conference and Exhibition in China held in Beijing, China, 2-6 November.
- Stevens, S.H. (2002) CO2-ECBM: Insights from USA and International CBM Pilots, Coal Seq I Forum, Houston, Texas.
- Thimons, E.D. and Kissell, F.N. (1973) Diffusion of Methane Through Coal, Fuel, 52, 274. [CrossRef]
- Wildenborg, T. (2001) Safety assessment methodology for carbon dioxide sequestration (SAMCARDS), CO2 Capture Project (CCP) SMV Workshop, GeoForschungsZentrum, Potsdam, Germany.
- Xue, Z. and Ohsumi, T. (2003) Laboratory Measurements on Swelling in Coals Caused by Adsorption of Carbon Dioxide and Its Impact on Permeability, presented at the 2nd International Workshop on Research Relevant to CO2 Sequestration in coal Seam, Tokyo, 25 October, 57-68.
- Yamaguchi, S., Ohga, K., Fujioka, M., and Muto, S. (2004) Prospect of CO2 Sequestration in the IshikarI Coal field, Japan, In, E.S.Rubin, D.W.Keith and C.F.Gilboy (Eds.), Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies. 1, Peer-Reviewed Papers and Plenary Presentations, IEA Greenhouse Gas Programme, Cheltenham, UK, 2004)
- Yang R.T.(1997) Gas Separation by Adsorption Processes (Chapter 4), London: Imperial College Press.
Oil & Gas Science and Technology - Rev. IFP
Volume 60, Number 3, May-June 2005
Dossier: CO2 Capture and Geological Storage: State-of-the-Art
|Page(s)||547 - 558|
|Published online||01 December 2006|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.