- Fredrich, J.T.,Deitrick, G.L.,Arguello, J.G., and DeRouffignac, E.P. (1998) Reservoir Compaction, Surface Subsidence, and Casing Damage: A Geomechanics Approach to Mitigation and Reservoir Management. SPE/ISRM 47284, Proc. Eurock 98, 1, Trondheim, Norway, July 8-10, 403-412.
- Boade, R.R., Chin, L.Y. and Siemers, W.T. (1989) Forecasting of Ekofisk Reservoir Compaction and Subsidence by Numerical Simulation. JPT, (July 1989), 723-728.
- Sulak, R.M., Thomas, L.K. and Boade, R.R. (1989) Rigorous Treatment of Compaction Drive in a 3-D Reservoir Simulator: A Case Study of Ekofisk Field. SPE 19802, Proc. The 1989 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition,San Antonio. Texas, Oct. 8-11.
- Cook, C.C. and Jewell, S. (1996) Simulation of a North Sea Field Experiencing Significant Compaction Drive. SPERE, Feb. 1996, 48-53.
- Heffer, K.J.,Koutsabeloulis, N.C. and Wong, S.K. (1994) Coupled Geomechanical, Thermal and Fluid Flow Modeling as an Aid to Improving Waterflood Sweep Efficiency. SPE/ISRM Eurock 94, Delft, The Netherlands, August 29-31, 447-454.
- Heffer, K.J. and Koutsabeloulis, N.C. (1993) Stress Effects on Reservoir Flow – Numerical Modelling Used to Reproduce Field Data. Proc. The 7th European Symposium on Improved Oil Recovery, Moscow, Russia, Oct. 27-29.
- Settari, A. and Mourits, F.M. (1994) Coupling of Geomechanics and Reservoir Simulation Models. Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. On Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics, 3, Morgantown, West Virginia, May 22-28, 2097-2158.
- Settari, A. and Mourits, F.M. (1998) A Coupled Reservoir and Geomechanical Modeling System. SPEJ, Sept. 1998, 219-226.
- Settari, A. and Walters, D.A. (1999) Advances in Coupled Geomechanical and Reservoir Modeling with Applications to Reservoir Compaction. SPE 51927, Proc. The 1999 SPE Reservoir Simulation Symposium, Houston, Texas, Feb. 14-17.
- Gutierrez, M. and Lewis, R.W. (1998) The Role of Geomechanics in Reservoir Simulation. SPE/ISRM 47392, Proc. Eurock 98, 2, Trondheim, Norway, July 8-10, 439-448.
- Koutsabeloulis, N.C. and Hope, S.A. (1998) “Coupled” Stress/Fluid/Thermal Multi-Phase Reservoir Simulation Studies Incorporating Rock Mechanics. SPE/ISRM 47393, Proc. SPE/ISRM Eurock 98, 2, Trondheim, Norway, July 8-10, 449-454.
- Osorio J.G., Chen, H.Y., Teufel, L.W., and Schaffer S. (1998) A Two-Domain, 3D, Fully Coupled Fluid- Flow/Geomechanical Simulation Model for Reservoirs with Stress-Sensitive Mechanical and Fluid-Flow Properties. SPE/ISRM 47397, Proc. Eurock 98, 2, Trondheim, Norway, July 8-10, 455-464.
- Chin, L.Y, and Prevost, J.H. (1997) Three-dimensional Computer Modeling of Coupled Geomechanics and Multiphase Flow. Proc. Of the 9th Int. Conf. On Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics, 2, Wuhan, China, Nov. 2-7, 1113-1118.
- Lewis, R.W and Ghafouri, H.R. (1997) A Novel Finite Element Double Porosity Model for Multiphase Flow Through Deformable Fractured Porous Media. Int. J. Num. Anal. Meth, Geom., 21, 789-816. [CrossRef]
- Sukirman, Y. and Lewis, R.W. (1993) A Finite Element Solution of a Fully Coupled Implicit Formulation for Reservoir Simulation. Int. J. Num. Anal. Meth, Geom., 17, 677-698. [CrossRef]
- Tortike, W.S. and FarouqAli, S.M. (1993) Reservoir Simulation Integrated with Geomechanics. J. Of Canadian Petroleum Technology, 32, 5, 28-37. [CrossRef]
- Lewis, R.W. and Schrefler, B.A. (1987) The Finite Element Method in the Deformation and Consolidation of Porous Media, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Tortike, W.S. and Farouq Ali, S.M. (1979) Modelling Thermal Three-Dimensional Three-phase Flow in a Deforming Soil. Proc. of the 3rd Int. Conf. Numerical Methods in Geomechanics, Aachen, Germany, April 2-6.
- Chin, L.Y. and Thomas, L.K. (1999) Fully Coupled Analysis of Improved Oil Recovery by Reservoir Compaction. SPE 56753, Proc. The 1999 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Houston, Texas, Oct. 3-6.
- Aziz, K. and Settari, A. (1979) Petroleum Reservoir Simulation, Elsevier Applied Science Publishers, London and New York.
- Terzaghi, U. (1943) Theoretical Soil Mechanics, Wiley, New York.
- Prevost, J.H. and Chin, L.Y. (1994) A Constitutive Model for Simulating Reservoir Compaction under a Constrained Stress Path that Leads to High Shear. Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics, 3, Morgantown, West Virginia, May 22-28, 2139-2144.
- Hughes, J.R. Thomas (1987) The Finite Element Method, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
- Coats, K.H., Thomas, L.K., and Pierson, R.G. (1998) Compositional and Black Oil Reservoir Simulation. SPE Res. Eval. & Eng., August 1998, 372-379.
- Gropp, W., Lusk, E., and Skjellum A. (1999) Using MPI: Portable Parallel Programming with the Message Passing Interface, 2nd edition. MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Oil & Gas Science and Technology - Rev. IFP
Volume 57, Number 5, September-October 2002
Dossier: Geomechanics in Reservoir Simulation - Rencontres Scientifiques IFP, December. 2001-Rueil-Malmaison - France
|Page(s)||485 - 497|
|Published online||01 December 2006|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.