- Kammesheidt K. (2003) Formulating aerated dairy foods: customized stabilizers prevent foams from collapsing, Dairy Foods 11, 38–40.
- Kinsella J.E. (1980) Functionnal properties of proteins: possible relationships between structure and function in foams, Food Chem. 7, 273–288. [CrossRef]
- Narchi I., Vial C., Djelveh G. (2007) Influence of bulk and interfacial properties and operating conditions on continuous foaming operation applied to model media, Food Res. Int. 40, 1069–1079. [CrossRef]
- Mary G., Mezdour S., Delaplace G., Lauhon R., Cuvelier G., Ducept F. (2013) Modelling of the continuous foaming operation by dimensional analysis, Chem. Eng. Res. Des. 9, 1, 2579–2586. [CrossRef]
- Kitabake N., Doi E. (1988) Surface tension and foamability of protein and surfactant solutions, J. Food Sci. 53, 1542–1545. [CrossRef]
- Chen J., Dickinson E. (1995) Protein/surfactant interfacial interactions part 3. Competitive adsorption of protein + surfactant in emulsions, Colloids Surf. A., Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 101, 77–85. [CrossRef]
- Rodriguez Patino J.M., Miñones Conde J., Millán Linares H., Pedroche Jimenez J.J., Carrera Sanchez C., Pizones V., Millán Rodriguez F. (2007) Interfacial and foaming properties of enzyme-induces hydrolysis of sunflower protein isolate, Food Hydrocoll. 21, 782–793. [CrossRef]
- Martinez K.D., Carrera Sanchez C., Rodriguez Patino J.M., Pilosof A.M.R. (2009) Interfacial and foaming properties of soy protein and their hydrolysates, Food Hydrocoll. 23, 2149–2157. [CrossRef]
- Séguineau de Préval E., Ducept F., Cuvelier G., Mezdour S. (2014) Effect of bulk viscosity and surface tension kinetics on structure of foam generated at the pilot-scale, Food Hydrocoll. 14, 104–111.
- Schmitt C., Palma da Silva T., Bovay C., Rami-Shojaei S., Frossard P., Kolodziejczyk E., Leser M. (2005) Effect of time on the interfacial and foaming properties of β-lactoglobulin/acacia gum electrostatic complexes and coacervates at pH 4.2, Langmuir 21, 7786–7795. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Perez A.A., Carrera Sanchez C., Rodriguez Patino J.M., Rubiolo A.C., Santiago L.G. (2012) Foaming characteristics of β-lactoglobulin as affected by enzymatic hydrolysis and polysaccharide addition: relationships with the bulk and interfacial properties, J. Food Eng. 113, 53–60. [CrossRef]
- Dickinson E. (1999) Adsorbed protein layers at fluid interfaces: interactions, structure and surface rheology, Colloids Surf. B: Biointerfaces 15, 161–176. [CrossRef]
- Wilde P.J. (2000) Interfaces: their role in foam and emulsion behaviour, Curr. Opin. Colloid Interface Sci. 5, 76–181. [CrossRef]
- Thakur R.K., Vial C., Djelveh G. (2003) Influence of operating conditions and impeller design on the continuous manufacturing of food foams, J. Food Eng. 60, 9–20. [CrossRef]
- Drenckhan W., Saint-Jalmes A. (2015) The science of foaming, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 222, 228–259. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Müller-Fischer N., Suppiger D., Windhab E.J. (2007) Impact of static pressure and volumetric energy input on the microstructure of food foam whipped in a rotor-stator device, J. Food Eng. 80, 306–316. [CrossRef]
- Indrawati L., Narsiham G. (2008) Characterization of protein stabilized foam formed in a continuous shear mixing apparatus, J. Food Eng. 88, 456–465. [CrossRef]
- Narchi I., Vial C., Labbafi M., Djelveh G. (2011) Comparative study of the design of continuous aeration equipment for the production of food foams, J. Food Eng. 102, 105–114. [CrossRef]
- Guzey D., McClements D.J., Weiss J. (2003) Adsorption kinetics of BSA at air-sugar solution interfaces as affected by sugar type and concentration, Food Res. Int. 36, 649–660. [CrossRef]
- Benjamin J., Cagna A., Lucassen-Reynders E.H. (1996) Viscoelastic properties of triacylglycerol/water interfaces covered by proteins, Colloids Surf. A.: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 114, 245–254. [CrossRef]
- Serrien G., Geeraerts G., Ghosh L., Joos P. (1992) Dynamic surface properties of adsorbed protein solutions: BSA, casein and buttermilk, Colloids Surf. 68, 219–233. [CrossRef]
- Ward A., Tordai L. (1946) Time dependence of boundary of solutions. I. The role of diffusion in time effect, J. Chem. Phys 14, 453–461. [CrossRef]
- Delaplace G., Loubière K., Ducept F., Jeantet R. (2015) Dimensional analysis of food processes, ISTE Press, London.
- Séguineau de Préval E., Ducept F., Mary G., Cuvelier G., Mezdour S. (2014) Influence of surface properties and bulk viscosity on bubble size prediction during foaming operation, Colloids Surf. A.: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 442, 88–97. [CrossRef]
- Hanselmann W., Windhab E. (1998) Flow characteristics and modelling of foam generation in a continuous rotor/stator mixer, J. Food Eng. 38, 393–405. [CrossRef]
- Balerin C., Aymard P., Ducept F., Vaslin S., Cuvelier G. (2007) Effect of formulation and processing factors on the properties of liquid food foams, J. Food Eng. 78, 802–809. [CrossRef]
- Kroezen A.B.J., Groot Wassink J. (1997) Bubble size distribution and energy dissipation in foam mixers, J. Soc. Dyers Colourists 103, 386–394. [CrossRef]
- Williams A., Prins A. (1996) Comparison of the dilatational behaviour of adsorbed milk proteins at the air-water and oil-water interfaces, Colloids Surf. A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 114, 267–275. [CrossRef]
- Prins A. (1999) Stagnant surface behaviour and its effect on foam and film stability, Colloids Surf. A.: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 149, 467–473. [CrossRef]
- Bos M.A., van Vliet T. (2001) Interfacial rheological properties of adsorbed protein layers and surfactants: a review, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 91, 437–471. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Graham D.E., Phillips M.C. (1976) The conformation of proteins at the air-water interface and their role in stabilizing foams, in: Akers R.J. (ed), Foams, Academic Press, London, pp. 195–215.
Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles
Volume 72, Number 2, March–April 2017
Dossier: Dynamics of Evolving Fluid Interfaces - DEFI Gathering Physico-Chemical and Flow Properties
|Number of page(s)||11|
|Published online||24 April 2017|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.