- National Energy Board of Canada (2006) Canada’s oil sands: opportunities and challenges to 2015, an update, June.
- Butler R.M., McNab G.S., Lo H.Y. (1979) Theoretical studies on the gravity drainage of heavy oil during in-situ steam heating, 29th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference, Sarnia, Ontario, October 1-3.
- Butler R.M., McNab G.S., Lo H.Y. (1981) Theoretical studies on the gravity drainage of heavy oil during steam heating, Can. J. Chem. Eng. 59, 455-460. [CrossRef]
- Butler R.M. (1991) Thermal Recovery of Oil and Bitumen, Prentice Hall Inc., New Jersey.
- Butler R.M. (1994) Horizontal wells for the recovery of oil, gas and bitumen, Petroleum Society Monograph Number 2, Canadian Institute of Mining Metallurgy and Petroleum.
- Butler R.M. (1994) Steam-assisted gravity drainage: concept, development, performance, and future, J. Can. Petrol. Technol. 32, 2.
- Butler R.M. (1998) SAGD comes of age, J. Can. Petrol. Technol. 37, 7.
- Butler R.M. (2001) Some recent developments in SAGD, Distinguished JCPT Author Series 40, 1.
- Butler R.M. (2004) The behaviour of non-condensible gas in SAGD — a rationalization, J. Can. Petrol. Technol. 43, 1.
- Al-Bahlani A.M., Babadagli T. (2009) SAGD laboratory experimental and numerical simulation studies: A review of current status and future issues, J. Petrol. Sci. Eng., doi:10.1016/j.petrol.2009.06.011.
- Chatzis I., Morrow N., Lim H.T. (1983) Magnitude and detailed structure of residual oil saturation, SPE J., April, 311-326.
- Wan J., Tokunaga T.K., Tsang C., Bodvarsson G.S. (1996) Improved glass micromodel methods for studies of flow and transport in fractured porous media, Water Resour. Res. 32, 7, 1955-1964. [CrossRef]
- Feng Q., Di L., Tang G., Chen Z., Wang X., Zou J. (2004) The mechanism of Water Alternative Gas displacement in porous media, 14th SPE-IOR Symposium, SPE paper 89362, Tulsa, OK, April, 17-21.
- Sohrabi M., Henderson G.D., Tehrani D.H., Danesh A. (2000) Visualization of oil recovery by water alternating gas (WAG) injection using high pressure micromodels – Water-wet systems, SPE-ATCE, SPE paper 63000, Dallas, TX, Oct. 1-4.
- Sohrabi M., Danesh A., Jamiolahmady M. (2007) Visualization of residual oil recovery by near miscible gas and SWAG injection using high-pressure micromodels, Transport Porous Med. 74, 2, 239-257. [CrossRef]
- Sohrabi M., Danesh A., Jamiolahmady M. (2007) Microscopic mechanisms of oil recovery by near-miscible gas injection, Transport Porous Med. 72, 3, 351-367. [CrossRef]
- Gates I.D., Chakrabarty N. (2005) Optimization of Steam- Assisted Gravity Drainage in McMurray reservoir, 6th CIPC (56th Pet. Soc. Ann. Tech. Meet.), Paper No. 2005-193, Calgary, Canada, June.
- Gates I.D., Kenny J., Hernandez-Hdez I.L., Bunio G.L. (2005) Steam-injection strategy and energetics of Steam-Assisted Gravity Drainage, SPE/PS-CIM/CHOA Int. Thermal Operations and Heavy Oil Symposium, SPE paper 97742 and PS Paper 2005-332, Calgary, Canada, November.
- Butler R.M. (1987) Rise of interfering steam chamber, J. Can. Petrol. Technol. 26, 3, 70-75.
- Ito Y., Ipek G. (2005) Steam fingering phenomenon during SAGD process, SPE/PS-CIM/CHOA Program Committee, also SPE Int. Thermal Operations and Heavy Oil Symposium, SPE Paper 97729, Calgary, AB, Canada, November 1-3.
- Ito Y., Hirata M., Ichikawa M. (2004) The effect of operating pressure on the growth of the steam chamber detected at the Hangingstone SAGD project, J. Can. Petrol. Technol. 43, 1, January.
- Ito Y., Suzuki S (1996) Numerical simulation of the SAGD process in the Hangingstone oil sands reservoir, 47th Annual Technical Meeting of the Petroleum Society, Paper 96-57, Calgary, AB, Canada, June 10-12.
- Walls E., Palmgren S., Kisman K. (2003) Residual oil saturation inside the steam chamber during SAGD, J. Can. Petrol. Technol. 42, 1, January.
- Chung K.H., Butler R.M. (1987) Geometrical effect of steam injection on the formation of emulsions in the Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage process, 38th Pet. Soc. Ann. Tech. Meet. of CIM, Paper 87-38-22, Calgary, Canada, June.
- Nasr T.N., Law D.H.S., Golbeck H., Korpany G. (2000) Counter-current aspect of the SAGD Process, J. Can. Petrol. Technol. 39, 1, January.
- Chung K.H., Butler R.M. (1989) In-situ emulsification by the condensation of steam in contact with bitumen, J. Can. Petrol. Technol. 28, 1, Jan.-Feb.
- Noik C., Dalmazzone C., Goulay C., Glenat P. (2005) Characterization and emulsion behaviour of Athabaska extra heavy oil produced by SAGD, SPE paper 97748, 2005 SPE International Thermal Operations and Heavy Oil Symposium, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Nov. 1-3.
- Sasaki K., Akibayashi S., Yazawa N., Kaneko F. (2002) Microscopic visualization with high-resolution Optical-Fiber Scope at steam chamber interface on initial stage of SAGD process, SPE paper 75241, SPE/DOE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, Tulsa, OK, April 13-17.
- Sasaki K., Akibayashi S., Yazawa N., Doan Q., Farouq Ali S.M. (1999) Experimental modeling of the SAGD process – Enhancing SAGD performance with periodic stimulation of the horizontal producer, SPE paper 56544, SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Houston, TX, October 3-6.
- Sasaki K. et al. (1996) Experimental study on initial stage of SAGD process using 2-dimensional scaled model for heavy oil recovery, SPE paper 37089, 2nd International 3-Day Conference on Horizontal Well Technology.
- Sasaki K., Akibayashi S., Yazawa N., Doan Q.T., Farouq Ali S.M. (2001) Experimental modeling of the SAGD process – enhancing SAGD performance with periodic stimulation of the horizontal producer, SPE paper 69742, SPE J., March.
- Chatzis I., Dullien FAL (1983) Dynamic immiscible displacement mechanisms in pore doublets – theory versus experiment, J. Colloid Interf. Sci. 91, 1, 199-222. [CrossRef]
- James L.A. (2009) Mass transfer mechanisms during the solvent recovery of heavy oil, PhD Thesis, University of Waterloo.
- James L.A., Rezaei N., Chatzis I. (2008) VAPEX, Warm VAPEX, and Hybrid WAPEX – The state of enhanced oil recovery for in-situ heavy oils in Canada, Technology Brief, J. Can. Petrol. Technol. April.
Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles
Volume 65, Number 6, November-December 2010
|Page(s)||839 - 857|
|Published online||17 December 2010|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.