- Aitken C.M.,Jones D.M.,Larter S.R. (2004) Anaerobic hydrocarbon biodegradation in deep subsurface oil reservoirs, Nature 431, 291-294. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bashari A. (1988) Occurrence of heavy crude oil in the Persian Gulf, 4th Unitar/UNDPP International conference on heavy crude and tar sands, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 7-12 August 1988, Proceedings paper No. 44.
- Bennett P.C.,Hiebert F.K.,Rogers J.R. (2000) Microbial control of mineral-groundwater equilibria: macroscale to microsacle, Hydrogeol. J. 8, 47-62. [CrossRef]
- Blanc Ph., Connan J. (1993) Crude oils in reservoirs: the factors influencing their composition, in Applied Petroleum Geochemistry, Bordenave M.L. (Ed.), Editions Technip, Paris, pp. 149-174.
- Cant D.J. (1996) Sedimentological and sequence stratigraphic organization of a foreland clastic wedge, Mannville Group, Western Canada basin,J. Sediment. Res. 66, 1137-1147.
- Capeleiro Pinto A.C., Gudes S.S., Bruhn C.H.L., Gomes J.A., de Sa A.N., Fagundes Netto J.R. (2001) Marlin Complex Development: a reservoir engineering point of view, SPE 69438.
- Chalaturnyk R.J., Li P. (2001) When it is important to consider geomechanics in SAGD operations? Proceedings of petroleum Society of CIM Can. Int. Pet. Conf., Calgary, Alberta, 12-14 June 2001, Paper 2001-46.
- Collins P.M. (2005) Geomechanical Effects on the SAGD Process. SPE/PS-CIM/CHOA 97905, PS2005-405, 2005 SPE International Thermal Operation and Heavy oil Symposium, Calgary, Alberta, 1-3 November 2005.
- Curtis C., Kopper R., Decoster E., Guzman-Garcia A., Huggins C., Knauer L., Minner M., Kupsch N., Linares L.M., Rough H., Waite M. (2002) Heavy Oil Reservoirs, Oilfield Rev. , 30-51.
- Demaison G.T. (1977) Tar sands and super giant oil fields, Am. Assoc. Pet Geol. Bull. 61, 1950-1961.
- Demaison G.T., Huizinga G.J. (1994) Genetic classification of petroleum systems using three factors: charge, migration and entrapment, in The petroleum system, from source to trap, Magoon L.B., Dow W.G. (Eds.), AAPG Memoir 60, pp. 73-92.
- Dequirez P.Y., Fournier F., Blanchet C., Feuchtwanger T., Torriero D. (1995) Integrated stratigraphic and lithologic interpretation of the East-Senlac heavy oil pool, 65th Annual International Meeting of the Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Houston, 8-13 Oct. 1995, Expanded Abstracts.
- Deroo G., Powell T.G., Tissot B., Mc Crossan R.G. (1977) The origin and migration of petroleum in the Western Canadian sedimentary basin, Alberta, Bull. Geol. Surv. Canada.
- Ehlig-Economides C.A.,Fernandez B.,Economides M.J. (2001) Multibranch injector/producer wells in thick heavy oil-crude reservoirs, SPE Reservoir Evaluation J. 4, 3, 195-200. [CrossRef]
- Eschard R., Ravenne C., Houel P., Knox R. (1991) Three-dimensional reservoir architecture of a valley-fill sequence and a deltaic aggradational sequence: influences of minor relative sea-level variations (Scalby formation, England), in The three-dimensional facies architecture of terrigenous clastic sediments and its implications for hydrocarbon discovery and recovery, Miall A.D., Tyler N. (Eds.), SEPM, Concepts in sedimentology and paleontology, Vol. 3, pp. 133-147.
- EUB Report (2003) Athabasca Wabiskaw-McMurray regional geological study, Report 2003-A, Alberta Energy and Utility board, Calgary, Alberta.
- Evans C.R.,Rogers M.A.,Bailey N.J.L. (1971) Evolution and alteration of petroleum in Western Canada, Chem. Geol. 8, 147-170. [CrossRef]
- Hayes B.J.R., Christopher J.E., Rosenthal L., Los G., McKercher B., Minken D., Tremblay Y.M., Fennell J. (1994) Cretaceous Mannville Group of the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin, in Geological Atlas of the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin, Mossop G.D., Shetson I. (Eds.), Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists and Alberta Research Council, Calgary, Alberta.
- Head I.M.,Jones D.M.,Larter S.R. (2003) Biological activity in the deep subsurface and the origin of heavy oil, Nature 426, 344-352. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hein F.J., Cotterill D.K., Berhane H. (2000) An Atlas of the McMurray Formation Athabasca Oil Sands Deposits, northeastern Alberta: Surface and Subsurface, EUB Report 2000-07, Alberta Energy and Utility Board, Alberta Geological Survey, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Horstad I.,Larter S.R.,Mills N. (1992) A quantitative model of biological petroleum degradation within the Brent Group reservoir in the Gullfaks field, Norwegian North Sea, Org. Geochem. 19, 107-117. [CrossRef]
- Isaacs C.M., Rullkötter J. (2000) The Monterey formation, from rocks to molecules, Columbia University Press, New York, 553 p.
- Ito Y., Ichikawa M., Hirata T. (2000) The growth of the steam chamber during the early period of the UTF Phase B and Hanginstone phase I projects, paper 2000-5, Petroleum Society's Canadian International Petroleum Conference 2000, Calgary, Alberta, 4-8 June 2000.
- Jayasekera A.J.,Goodyear S.G. (2000) The Development of heavy oil fields in the United Kingdom Continental shelf: past, present and future, SPE Reservoir Eval. Eng. 3, 371-379.
- Jeans P.J.F., van Meerbeke G.L.E. (2006) Geological evolution and hydrocarbon habitat of the Majunga basin and Karroo corridor, Madagascar. ttp://www.pj-exploration.com/madagascar.htm
- Jobson A.M.,Cook F.D.,Westlake D.W.S. (1979) Interaction of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria in petroleum biodegradation, Chem. Geol. 24, 355-365. [CrossRef]
- Karnoven R.L., Pemberton S.G. (1997) The Upper Mannville Group, Western Canada: an example of multiple incised valley fill deposits, in Petroleum Geology of the Cretaceous Mannville Group, Western Canada, Pemberton S.G., James D.P. (Eds.), Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists, Memoir 18, pp. 124-139.
- Kopper R., Kupecz J., Curtis C., Cole T., Dorn-Lopez D., Copley J., Munoz A., Caicedo V. (2001) Reservoir Characterization of the Orinoco Heavy oil belt: Miocene Oficina Formation, Zuata field, Eastern Venezuela, SPE 69697.
- Kowalewski I., Carpentier B., Magnier C., Huc A.Y. (in press) Use of heavy metals content for quantitative estimation of biodegradation, in special publication JPGE.
- Larter S., Gates A., Adams J., Bennet B., Huang H., Kosalan T., Fustic M. (2006) Reservoir fluid characterization of tar sand and heavy oil reservoirs – Impact of fluid heterogeneity on production characteristics, AAPG 2006 Annual Convention, Houston, USA, Abstracts volume, p. 60.
- Leckie D.A., Vansbeselaere N.A., James D.P. (1997) Regional sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy and petroleum geology of the Mannville Group: southwestern Saskatchewan, in Petroleum Geology of the Cretaceous Mannville Group, Western Canada, Pemberton S.G., James D.P. (Eds.), Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists, Memoir 18, pp. 211-262.
- Magnier C.,Moretti I.,Lopez J.O.,Gaumet F.,Letouzey J. (2004) Geochemical characterization of source rocks, crude oils and gases of northwest Cuba, Mar. Petrol. Geol. 21, 195-214. [CrossRef]
- Magot M.,Ollivier B.,Patel B.K.C. (2000) Microbiology of petroleum reservoirs, Antonie van Leeuwenhoek Int. J. Gen. Mol. Microbiol. 77, 103-116. [CrossRef]
- Mainguy M.,Longuemare P. (2002) Coupling Fluid Flow and Rock Mechanics: Formulation of the Partial Coupling between Reservoir and Geomechanical Simulators, Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP 57, 4, 355-367. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [OGST]
- Mason P.C., Burwood R., Mycke B. (1995) The reservoir geochemistry and petroleum charging histories of Paleogenereservoired fields in the Outer Witch Ground Graben, Cubitt
- J.M., England W.A. (Eds.), The Geochemistry of Reservoirs, Geological Society Special Publication 86, 281-301. Mc Phee D., Pemberton S.G. (1994) Sequence stratigraphy of the Lower Cretaceous Mannville Group of East Central Alberta, Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists, Exploration Update 1994, Program with Abstracts, pp. 27-28.
- Nardin T., Carter J., Falls B., Irish J., Stancliffe S., Varban B., Wilson N., Zabcic L., Pratt L., (2007) Sequence stratigraphic and depositional facies framework of the Lower Cretaceous McMurray Formation, Kearl Oil Sands project, Alberta, Extended Abstract, 2007 C3 Geoconvention, May 16th-17th, Calgary, Alberta.
- Niu J.,Hu J. (1999) Formation and distribution of heavy oil and tar sands in China, Mar. Petrol. Geol. 16, 85-89. [CrossRef]
- Peters K.E., Walters C.C., Moldowan M.M. (2005) The Biomarker guide, 2nd ed., 2 volumes, Cambridge University Press.
- Posamentier H.W., Vail P.R. (1988) Eustatic controls on clastic deposition II – Sequence and System tracts models, in Sea-level changes: an integrated approach, Wilgus C.K. et al. (Eds.), pp. 125-154.
- Roure F., Naszaj S., Mushka K., Fili I., Cadet J.P., Bonneau M. (2004) Kinematics and petroleum systems – An appraisal of the Outer Albanides, McKlay K.R. (Ed.), Thrust Tectonics and Hydrocarbon systems, AAPG Memoir 82, pp. 474-493.
- Sarzalejo S.,Hart B.S. (2006) Stratigraphy and lithologic heterogeneity in the Mannville Group (southeast Saskatchewan) defined by integrating 3-D seismic and log data, Bull. Can. Petrol. Geol. 54, 138-151. [CrossRef]
- Schmitt D.R. (2005) Rock Physics and Time-lapse Monitoring of Heavy-Oil Reservoirs. SPE/PS-CIM/CHOA 98075, PS2005-435, presented at the 2005 SPE International Thermal Operation and Heavy oil Symposium, Calgary, Alberta, 1-3 November 2005.
- Shanley K.W.,McCabe P.J. (1994) Perspectives on sequence stratigraphy of continental strata, AAPG Bull. 78, 544-568.
- Strobl R.S.,Muwais W.K.,Wightman D.M.,Cotterill D.K.,Yuan L. (1997) Geological modelling of the McMurray Formation reservoirs based on outcrop and subsurface analogues, in Petroleum Geology of the Cretaceous Mannville Group, Western Canada, Pemberton S.G., James D.P. (Eds.), Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists, Memoir 18, 292-311.
- Svanes T.,Martinius A.W.,Hegre J.,Maret J.P.,Mjøs R.,Molina J.C.U. (2004) Integration of subsurface applications to develop a dynamic stochastic modelling workflow, AAPG Bull. 88, 1369-1390. [CrossRef]
- Tissot B.P., Welte D.H. (1984) Petroleum formation and occurrence, Springer-Verlag, 699 p.
- Uzcategui E. (2001) Reservoir characterization and exploitation scheme in the Orinoco belt, SPE 69698 presented at the 2001 SPE International Thermal Operations and Heavy Oil Symposium, Porlamar, Margarita Island, Venezuela, 12-14/03/01.
- Vidal-Gilbert S., Tisseau E. (2006) Sensitivity Analysis of Geomechanical Behaviour on Time-Lapse Seismic Velocity Modeling. SPE 1001142, presented at the SPE/EAGE Annual Conference and Exhibition, Vienna, Austria, 12-15 June 2006.
- Waite M.W.,Sigit R.,Rusdibiyo A.V.,Susanto T.,Primaldi H.,Satriana D. (1997) Application of seismic monitoring to manage an early-stage Steamflood, SPE 37564, SPE Reservoir Eng. 12, 4, 277-283. [CrossRef]
- Wani M.R., Al-Kabli S.K. (2005) Sequence Stratigraphy and Reservoir Characterization of the 2nd Eocene dolomite Reservoir, Wafra field, Divided zone, Kuwait-Saudi Arabia, SPE 92827.
- Widdel F.,Rabus R. (2001) Anaerobic biodegradation of satured and aromatic hydrocarbons, Curr. Opin. Biotech. 12, 259-276. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Wilhelms A., Larter S.R., Head I., Farimond P., di-Primio R.,Zwach C. (2000) Biodegradation of oil in uplifted basins prevented by deep-burial sterilisation, Nature 411, 1034-1037. [CrossRef]
- Williams L.L., William S.F., Kumar M. (2001) Effects of discontinuous shales on multi zone steam flood performance in the Kern River field, October 2001 Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering, pp. 350-357.
- Winters J.C.,Williams J.A. (1969) Microbial alteration of oil in reservoirs, Am. Chem. Soc. Div. Petr. Chem. Preprints 14, E22-E31.
- Zhang W., Youn S., Doan Q. (2005) Understanding reservoir architectures and steam chamber growth at Christina Lake, Alberta, by using 4D seismic and crosswell seismic imaging, Paper SPE 97808 presented at the SPE/PS-CIM/CHOA International Operations and Heavy Oil Symposium, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 1-3/11/05.
Oil & Gas Science and Technology - Rev. IFP
Volume 63, Number 5, September-October 2008
|Page(s)||587 - 607|
|Published online||19 June 2008|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.