- Abu-Shiekah I., Glasbergen G., Balushi S., van Wunnik J. (2014) Conformance control treatments for water and chemical flooding: opportunity and risk evaluation, Paper SPE-169665-MS. Presented at SPE EOR Conference at Oil and Gas West Asia, 31 March-2 April, Muscat, Oman.
- Ali S.M.F., Thomas S. (1996) The promise and problems of enhanced oil recovery methods, J. Can. Pet. Technol. 35, 07, 57–63.
- Alpay O.A. (1972) A practical approach to defining reservoir heterogeneity, J. Pet. Technol. 24, 07, 841–848, SPE-3608-PA. [CrossRef]
- Bai B., Wei M., Liu Y. (2013) Field and lab experience with a successful preformed particle gel conformance control technology, Paper SPE-164511-MS. Presented at SPE Production and Operations Symposium, 23-26 March, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA.
- Bai B., Li L., Liu Y., Wang Z., You C. (2007) Preformed particle gel for conformance control: factors affecting its properties and applications, SPE Res. Eval. & Eng. 10, 04, 415–422.
- Borling D., Chan K., Hughes T., Sydansk R. (1994) Pushing out the oil with conformance control, Oilfield Review 6, 2, 44–58.
- Bryant I., Malinverno A., Prange M., Gonfalini M., Moffat J., Swager D., Theys P., Verga F. (2002) Understanding uncertainty, Oilfield Review 14, 3, 2–15.
- Capen E.C. (1976) The difficulty of assessing uncertainty, Paper SPE-5579-PA. DOI: 10.2118/5579-PA.
- Chang H.L. (1978) Polymer flooding technology yesterday, today, and tomorrow, J. Pet. Technol. 30, 08, 1113–1128. [CrossRef]
- Clay T.D., Menzie D.E. (1966) The effect of polymer additives on oil recovery in conventional waterflooding, Paper SPE-1670-MS. Presented at SPE Four Corners Regional Meeting, 9-10 September, Farmington, New Mexico, USA.
- Cocuzza M., Pirri C., Rocca V., Verga F. (2012) Current and future nanotech applications in the oil industry, Am. J. Applied Sci. 9, 6, 784–793. [CrossRef]
- Detling K.D. (1944) Process of recovering oil from oil sands, USA Patent 2,341,500
- El-Karsani K.S.M., Al-Muntasheri G.A., Hussein I.A. (2014) Polymer systems for water shutoff and profile modification: a review over the last decade, SPE J. 19, 01, 135–149. [CrossRef]
- Farouq Ali S.M. (2013) All you need is Darcy’s equation to determine EOR success or failure, Presented at SPE Western Regional & AAPG Pacific Section Meeting 2013 Joint Technical Conference, 19-25 April, Monterey, California, USA.
- Fethi G., Kaddour K., Tesconi M., Brancolini A., Carniani C., Galli G.A. (2010) El Borma – Bright Water – Tertiary method of enhanced oil recovery for a mature field, Paper SPE-136140-MS. Presented at SPE Production and Operations Conference and Exhibition, 8-10 June, Tunis, Tunisia.
- Fletcher A., Davis J. (2010) How EOR can be transformed by nanotechnology, Paper SPE-129531-MS. Presented at SPE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, 24-28 April, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
- Galli G., Morra D., Ghaddab F., Tesconi M., Manrique E.J., Freeman G.G. (2012) Thermally activated particle treatment to improve sweep efficiency: Pilot test results and field scale application design in El Borma Field (Tunisia), SPE-154042-MS. Presented at SPE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, 14-18 April, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
- Gatlin C., Slobod R.L. (1960) The alcohol slug process for increasing oil recovery, J. Pet. Technol. 12, 03. [CrossRef]
- Gogarty W.B. (1967) Mobility control with polymer solutions, SPE J. 7, 02, 161–173. [CrossRef]
- Green D.W., Willhite G.P. (1998) Enhanced oil recovery. SPE Textbook Series Vol. 6. Society of Petroleum Engineers. ISBN: 978-1-55563-077-5.
- Kaminsky R.D., Wattenbarger R.C., Szafranski R.C., Coutee A. (2007) Guidelines for polymer flooding evaluation and development. IPTC-11200-MS. Presented at International Petroleum Technology Conference, 4-6 December, Dubai, UAE.
- Karmakar G.P., Singh R.P. (1997) Synthesis and characterization of starch - G - Acrylamide Copolymers for improved oil recovery operations, Paper SPE-37297-MS. Presented at International Symposium on Oilfield Chemistry, 18-21 February, Houston, Texas, USA.
- Kumar M., Hoang V.T., Satik C., Rojas D.H. (2008) High-mobility-ratio waterflood performance prediction: Challenges and new insights, SPE Res. Eval. & Eng. 11, 01, 186–196.
- Lake L.W. (1987) Chemical Flooding, in Petroleum engineering handbook, society of petroleum engineers, H.B. Bradley (ed.),Richardson, Texas, ISBN: 1-55563-010-3.
- Lefebvre X., Sauvant-Moynot V., Choqueuse D., Chauchot P. (2009) Durability of syntactic foams for deep offshore insulation: modelling of water uptake under representative ageing conditions in order to predict the evolution of buoyancy and thermal conductivity, Oil & Gas Science and Technology – Rev. IFP 64, 2, 165–178. [CrossRef]
- Li Z., Delshad M. (2014) Development of an analytical injectivity model for non-newtonian polymer solutions, SPE Reservoir Simulation Symposium, 18-20 February, The Woodlands, Texas, USA.
- Liu X.-E. (1995) Development and application of the water control and profile modification technology in china oil fields, Paper SPE-29907-MS. Presented at International Meeting on Petroleum Engineering, 14-17 November, Beijing, China.
- Lozanski W.R., Martin I. (1970) Taber South – Canada’s first polymer flood, J. Can. Pet. Technol. 9, 02, 99–106. [CrossRef]
- Mack J.C., Smith J.E. (1994) In-depth colloidal dispersion gels improve oil recovery efficiency, Paper SPE-27780-MS. Presented at SPE/DOE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, 17-20 April, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
- Manrique E.J., Thomas C.P., Ravikiran R., Izadi Kamouei M., Lantz M., Romero J.L., Alvarado V. (2010) EOR: Current status and opportunities, Paper SPE-130113-MS. Presented at SPE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, 24-28 April, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
- McVay D.A., Dossary M.N. (2014) The value of assessing uncertainty. Paper SPE-160189-PA.
- Miranda C.R., De Lara L.S., Tonetto B.X. (2012) Stability and mobility of functionalized silica nanoparticles for enhanced oil recovery application, Paper SPE-157033-MS. Presented at SPE International Oilfield Nanotechnology Conference and Exhibition, 12-14 June, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- Moradi-Araghi A., Cleveland D.H., Westerman I.J. (1987) Development and evaluation of eor polymers suitable for hostile environments: II-Copolymers of acrylamide and sodium AMPS, Paper SPE-16273-MS. Presented at SPE International Symposium on Oilfield Chemistry, 4-6 February, San Antonio, Texas, USA.
- Morelato P., Rodrigues L., Romero O.J. (2011) Effect of polymer injection on the mobility ratio and oil recovery, Paper SPE-148875-MS. Presented at SPE Heavy Oil Conference and Exhibition, 12-14 December, Kuwait City, Kuwait.
- Moritis G. (1998) EOR oil production up slightly, Oil Gas J. 96, 16, 49–77.
- Moritis G. (2010) Special report: EOR/heavy oil survey: CO2 miscible, steam dominate enhanced oil recovery processes, Oil Gas J. 108, 14, 36–53.
- Mungan N. (1969) Rheology and adsorption of aqueous polymer solutions, J. Can. Pet. Technol. 8, 02, 45–50. [CrossRef]
- Mungan N. (1970) Water flooding with polymer solutions. SPE-3172-MS.
- Mungan N., Smith F.W., Thompson J.L. (1966) Some aspects of polymer floods, J. Pet. Technol. 18, 09, 1143–1150. [CrossRef]
- Mustoni J.L., Denyer P., Norman C. (2010) Deep conformance control by a novel thermally activated particle system to improve sweep efficiency in mature waterfloods of the San Jorge Basin, Paper SPE-129732-MS. Presented at SPE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, 24-28 April, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
- Needham R.B., Doe P.H. (1987) Polymer flooding review, J. Pet. Technol. 39, 12, 1503–1507. [CrossRef]
- Needham R.B., Threlkeld C.B., Gall J.W. (1974) Control of water mobility using polymers and multivalent cations, Paper SPE-4747-MS. Presented at SPE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, 22-24 April, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
- Ogolo N.A., Olafuyi O.A., Onyekonwu M.O. (2012) Enhanced oil recovery using nanoparticles, Paper SPE-160847-MS. Presented at SPE Saudi Arabia Section Technical Symposium and Exhibition, 8-11 April, Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
- Ohms D., McLeod J.D., Graff C.J., Frampton H., Morgan J.C., Cheung S.K., Chang K.-T. (2010) Incremental-oil success from waterflood sweep improvement in Alaska, SPE Prod. & Oper. 25, 03, 247–254. [CrossRef]
- Pledger H., Meister J.J., Hogen-Esch T.E., Butler G.B. (1979) Starch-acrylamide graft copolymers for use in enhanced oil recovery, Paper SPE-8422-MS. Presented at SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, 23-26 September, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- Pritchett J., Frampton H., Brinkman J., Cheung S., Morgan J., Chang K.T., Goodgame J. (2003) Field application of a new in-depth waterflood conformance improvement tool, Paper SPE-84897-MS. Presented at SPE International Improved Oil Recovery Conference in Asia Pacific, 20-21 October, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Pye D.J. (1964) Improved secondary recovery by control of water mobility, J. Pet. Technol. 16, 08, 911–916. [CrossRef]
- Raney K.H., Ayirala S., Chin R.W., Verbeek P. (2012) Surface and subsurface requirements for successful implementation of offshore chemical enhanced oil recovery, SPE Prod. & Oper. 27, 03, 294–305. [CrossRef]
- Regtien J.M.M. (2010) Extending the smart fields concept to enhanced oil recovery, Paper SPE-136034-MS. Presented at SPE Russian Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition, 26-28 October, Moscow, Russia.
- Sakač N., Gvozdić V., Sak-Bosnar M. (2012) Determination of the botanical origin of starch using direct potentiometry and PCA, Carbohydr. Polym. 87, 4, 2619–2623. [CrossRef]
- Saleh L.D., Wei M., Bai B. (2014) Data analysis and updated screening criteria for polymer flooding based on oilfield data, SPE Res. Eval. & Eng. 17, 01, 15–25.
- Sandiford B.B. (1964) Laboratory and field studies of water floods using polymer solutions to increase oil recoveries, J. Pet. Technol. 16, 08, 917–922. [CrossRef]
- Sangermano M., Verga F., Montanaro L. (2011) Metodo per il recupero di olio da un giacimento mediante fluidi micro(nano)strutturati a rilascio controllato di sostanze barriera (Methos for recovering oil from a reservoir by means of micro(nano)-structured fluids with controlled release of barrier substances), Patent No. MI2010A002412.
- Seright R.S., Zhang G., Akanni O.O., Wang D. (2012) A comparison of polymer flooding with in-depth profile modification, Presented at the SPE Canadian Unconventional Resources Conference, 15-17 November, Calgary, Canada.
- Seright R.S. (2011) Use of polymers to recover viscous oil from unconventional reservoirs, Technical Report U.S. Department of Energy, DOE Contract No. DE-NT0006555, US DOE, Washington, DC. 12 October, 2011. [CrossRef]
- Seright R.S., Seheult J.M., Talashek T. (2009) Injectivity characteristics of EOR polymers, SPE Res. Eval. & Eng. 12, 05, 783–792.
- Seright R.S., Liang J. (1994) A survey of field applications of gel treatments for water shutoff, Paper SPE-26991-MS. Presented at SPE Latin America/Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference, 27-29 April, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Seright R.S. (1991) Impact of dispersion on gel placement for profile control, SPE Res. Eng. 6, 03, 343–352. [CrossRef]
- Shaw R.A., Stright D.H. (1977) Performance of the Taber south polymer flood, J. Can. Pet. Technol. 16, 01, 35–40.
- Sheng J.J., Leonhardt B., Azri N. (2015) Status of polymer-flooding technology, J. Can. Pet. Technol. 54, 02, 116–126. [CrossRef]
- Sherborne J.E., Sarem A.M., Sandiford B.B. (1967) Flooding oil-containing formations with solutions of polymer in water, Proc. 7th World Petroleum Congress, 2-9 April, Mexico City, Mexico, WPC-12251, 506–515.
- Swami A., Shi J., Gadde S., Votruba A.R., Kolishetti N., Farokhzad O.C. (2012) Nanoparticles for targeted and temporally controlled drug delivery, in Svenson S., Prude’homme R. (eds.), Multifunctional nanoparticles for drug delivery applications: Imaging, targeting, and delivery, Nanostructure Science and Technology series, Springer, US, Chap. 2, pp. 9–29. [CrossRef]
- Sydansk R., Romero-Zerón L. (2011) Reservoir conformance improvement, Society of Petroleum Engineers, Richardson, Texas, ISBN 978-1-55563-302-8.
- Sydansk R.D. (2007) Polymers, gels, foams, and resins, in: Lake L.W. (ed.), Reservoir Engineering and Petrophysics, Chap. 13, Vol. V(B). Society of Petroleum Engineers, Richardson, Texas, pp. 1149–1260.
- Sydansk R.D., Moore P.E. (1990) Production responses in Wyoming’s Big Horn Basin resulting from application of acrylamide-polymer/Cr III-carboxylate gels, Paper SPE-21894-MS. Unpublished.
- Taber J.J., Martin F.D., Seright R.S. (1997a) EOR screening criteria revisited – Part 1: introduction to screening criteria and enhanced recovery field projects, SPE Res. Eng. 12, 03, 189–198. [CrossRef]
- Taber J.J., Martin F.D., Seright R.S. (1997b) EOR screening criteria revisited – Part 2: applications and impact of oil prices, SPE Res. Eng. 12, 03, 199–205. [CrossRef]
- Taber J.J., Kamath I.S.K., Reed R.L. (1961) Mechanism of alcohol displacement of oil from porous media, SPE J. 1, 03, 195–212. [CrossRef]
- Thomas F.B., Shtepani E., Marosi G., Bennion D.B. (2002) Production well water coning – Is there anything we can do? Paper PETSOC-2002-031. Presented at Canadian International Petroleum Conference, 11-13 June, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Uhrich K.E., Cannizzaro S.M., Langer R.S. (1999) Polymeric systems for controlled drug release, Chem. Rev. 99, 11, 3181–3198. [CrossRef]
- Viberti D., Verga F. (2012) An approach for the reliable evaluation of the uncertainties associated to petrophysical properties, Math. Geosci. 44, 3, 327–341. [CrossRef]
- Wachmann C. (1964) A mathematical theory for the displacement of oil and water by alcohol, SPE J. 4, 03, 250–266. [CrossRef]
- Whittington L.E., Naae D.G., Braun R.W. (1994) Brine-initiated gels: A new water shut-off agent, Paper SPE-27830-MS. Presented at SPE/DOE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, 17-20 April, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
- Yerramilli S.S., Zitha P.L.J., Yerramilli R.C. (2013) Novel insight into polymer injectivity for polymer flooding, Paper SPE-165195-MS. Presented at SPE European Formation Damage Conference & Exhibition, 5-7 June, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles
Volume 72, Number 1, January–February 2017
|Number of page(s)||23|
|Published online||14 February 2017|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.